Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Deadly Waters, a game I've been working on

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Indie Subsims
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Justin Knight

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Deadly Waters, a game I've been working on Reply with quote

Hello all,

Well, I was searching for submarine simulations and found this website. Unlike the other user-created games i've seen here, Deadly Waters is not 3D. I didn't originally create the game, but i'll spare you guys the story. Deadly Waters is played in and made using a free game engine called BYOND (www.byond.com) which is different from the other engines you guys were talking about. BYOND program is small, and does have heavy requirements; it has an integrated Maker (development), Seeker (Playing and hosting games), Daemon (Hosting) and a hub where people can publish their game onto allowing other people to search for it, download the hosting files, and see when it is being hosted. Why waste my time playing or making games on BYOND? BYOND games are more focused on actual gameplay, not impressive graphics and eye candy that takes time away from making a good game. The hub is also an impressive feature, because you can get exposure for your game very easily.

Deadly Waters is a team-based game where (real) players work together in different jobs on a modern nuclear submarine. It's not necessarily accurate in ways, but that's either to make the game ineresting or fun, or because I didn't revamp entire game systems; the original game was based off of another BYOND game called Space Station 13 (http://games.byond.com/hub/Exadv1/SpaceStation13) It includes roleplaying elements like rank advancement through experience and ratings (specialties). Currently, I need to work on a training area because even though players might like the game, they don't like figuring things out on their own. Taking that into consideration, the sub can get hit and a room will be flooding and the player will be freaking out because they don't know how to repair the hull.

Deadly Waters forum is here: http://s13.invisionfree.com/Deadly_Waters/index.php?act=idx
Hub page is here: http://games.byond.com/hub/OfficerFalcon/DeadlyWaters
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sano

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey this game is great! Even if the game isn't in 3D I am sure that most gamers out there, the true gamers (no offense) agree that most of the time quality of the game overweighs the graphics. You can do essentially everything that is usually on a sub such as load torpedos and use sonar. Essentially the editor and asst. editor (Yes only two people are making the game) are still updating the game. The first version had the worst graphics and gameplay of course. But now it's really addicting. You can even "breakdance" If you guys try it out. Post a comment or two Ping Don't say the graphics suck if you haven't tried it out yet. The gameplay is truely interesting so is the community. So try it out. Its hosted usually on weekdays at around 8-10pm EST.
Thumbs Up
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Indie Subsims All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: