Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

LWAMI Question

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GunnersMate

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: LWAMI Question Reply with quote

Can I keep the weapons modifactions but lose the sonar mods?
Fandango

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gunner,

the LWAMI mod changes doctrine files only. You can replace the ones you've overwritten when you unzipped the mod package with the original ones you had....

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong...
LuftWolf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The short answer is no. Smile

All of the modifications are made in the database, and that cannot be divided easily into groups of changes.

If you want to make the changes yourself, you can download DWedit from Bill Nichol's site www.subguru.com and use that to edit the stock database directly, using the LWAMI Mod changes as a guide.

Cheers,
David

PS No there is no easy guidebook to DWedit, the community can help you if you have specific questions, but the best way to learn is more to less to experiment on your own, the program is actually quite nice to use once you get the basics down of what various aspects of the database mean and how they impact gameplay.
LuftWolf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
the LWAMI mod changes doctrine files only

The LWAMI Mod modifies ALL of the files in the Database and 14 of the files in the Doctrine folder.

As a general rule of thumb, all of the database files must be moved as a complete set, however, doctrine changes generally stand alone.

I don't recommend using parts of the mod alone unless you really understand what is going on with the game and mod mechanics.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: