Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

LuftWolf and Amizaur's Realism Mod--NEWLY UPDATED TO 3.02!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LuftWolf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: LuftWolf and Amizaur's Realism Mod--NEWLY UPDATED TO 3.02!!! Reply with quote

Edit: See post on 3/18

The task list includes:

1) Final minor changes to LWAMI 3.00 database

2) Rewrite the readme

3) Release LWAMI 3.00 Official Distribution

4) Work on adding new models to LWAMI 3.01 working database and create a separate install pack for the new AI platforms for the stock database (as a separate but related project with the modellers)

In the meantime, as most of you know, you can find the LWAMI 3.00 Preview at this thread in the CADC: http://www.orionwarrior.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12418 . Argh

Cheers,
David

LuftWolf wrote:
At this time, we are not planning on supporting the 1.03 Intermediate patch.

Those of you who wish to keep using the LWAMI Mod are encouraged to hold off until the official 1.03 version is released, by which time we hope to have LWAMI 3.0 available, or to do a dual install of 1.01+LWAMI 2.03 and 1.03 Stock DW, the details of doing which can be found at the CADC link posted below, courtesy of OneShot and Molon Labe.

http://www.orionwarrior.com/forum/showthread.php?t=168

Last edited by LuftWolf on Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:17 am; edited 12 times in total
MaHuJa

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Begs the question;
What sort of catastrophic failure can we expect from 1.03+lwami2.03 ?
Laughing
LuftWolf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Laughing Rotfl

Well... nothing at all... it actually should work technically exactly the same, but some of the sonars may be a bit out of calibration, meaning some of the detection ranges will be different, and of course, the active sonar will probably be a bit far off in terms of the ideal sensitivities.
LuftWolf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I lied. Joking

Amizaur has done quite a bit of work with modding 1.03 and so, encouraged by his fearlessness and the files he has sent me with a wink that says "get working", I am doing some work as well finishing up some changes.

I hope to have LWAMI 3.0 Beta for the DW 1.03 Beta patch out today! Thumbs Up Rock Argh

Standby for an announcement and mod release! Smile
Bellman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:sunny: Well I look forward to that. Thumbs Up

But I think Im going to wait for the mangled 'Unofficial' to emerge before further modding.

The shifting sands of change are getting a little too unpredictable - so I'll sit this one out.

Not beeing negative, as I like the last LwAmi, just cautious.
LuftWolf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm discovering that 1.03 is a paradigm shift in terms of the sonar model.

LWAMI 3.0 is not going to be like 2.03 at all in terms of the detection ranges, and there isn't much we can do about that. In some cases the ranges will be much farther, and in some cases MUCH MUCH less (like between layers, which are now magical curtains of silence... at least compaired to 1.01 where they did basically nothing, so it may be realistic, but hugely different than what we are used to).

In any case, we are done with LWAMI 3.0 Beta for the most part. I just need to make the readme and put together the distribution, and then it will be posted to the CADC and sent to Bill. Thumbs Up Rock Argh
Bellman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy LW:
Quote:
Well, I'm discovering that 1.03 is a paradigm shift in terms of the sonar model.

Can you please expand on this ?
LuftWolf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just boot up 1.03... and then go under a layer. The whole world disappears from sonar. :hmm:
Bellman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Havent tried 1.03 yet......... but that might tempt me. Yep Thumbs Up
LuftWolf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, it's a good thing. Thumbs Up Rock
LuftWolf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the 3.00BETA addition to the readme:

Quote:

LuftWolf and Amizaur’s Weapons and Sensors Realism Mod v3.00 BETA
For the DW 1.03 BETA Patch
Hosted by www.subguru.com
Readme by LuftWolf
Edited by Amizaur

Amizaur has made a more substantial and significant contribution to the creation of this mod than me.

Thank you to finiteless, Ludger, and jsteed for their contributions to modding DW. Thank you to Bill “Subguru” Nichols for hosting the work of so many talents modders and mission designers. Thank you to Molon Labe for extensive testing and multiplayer testing.

All doctrines by Amizaur.

The purpose of this mod is, straightforwardly, to address the aspects of DW game-play that most bother its authors, while improving the simulation experience and fixing bugs, without introducing any new ones. Thank you in advance for downloading this mod. Please send as much feedback as you can via the dedicated thread on the www.subsim.com mod forum, http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=41581&start=0.

INSTALLATION: Backup your stock Database and Doctrine folders by copying them to a safe place apart from your DW directory. Unzip the file into your Dangerous Waters directory, allowing your unzip program to overwrite all files. The Database and Doctrine files will install to the correct directories automatically. NOTE: Saved games created with one Database are not compatible with any other versions of the database, however, you can restore a previous version of the Database at any time to load saved games associated with that Database.

Note: This mod represents substantial changes to DW core game-play, and as such, will probably require fine-tuning in subsequent versions to particular values based on game-play experiences. However, such is the case precisely because, we feel, it represents a quantum leap towards bringing out the full potential of the massive and dynamic DW engine in terms of providing the feel of a quality simulation experience for both those new to the simulation genre and weathered deep blue warriors. Please send us AAR’s and comments in as great a quantity as you can! We would be especially encouraged to hear from players in the multiplayer community.

CAUTION: Missions designed for stock DW v1.01/1.03 maybe made unplayable by the greatly reduced detection ranges in this mod. We strongly encourage mission designers who enjoy the mod to support it by creating missions designed with these new realistic parameters specifically in mind. We plan on releasing a guide for mission designers along with the expanded charts and tables to assist you in this endeavor. Please let us know if there is *anything* we can do to help you design missions for our mod!

NOTICE: This is a BETA version of LWAMI 3.00 for the DW 1.03 BETA patch. As it is a BETA, there maybe things that need to be changed, perhaps quite a bit. However, it is at least as stable and playable as the 1.03 BETA patch by itself, and, we hope, more so! Also, the Mod documentation will receive a full rewrite treatment in the non-BETA version to reflect the new LWAMI 3.0 version.

A Sound vs. Speed profile chart and new Ship, Sub, and Torpedo specification table will be released in support of this readme, to cover any specific changes to AI ships or weaponry (such as the complete listing of sonar parameter assignments) not covered in this document, however, I have taken to care to note the most important specific parameter changes to user platforms and weapons.

Specific Changes for v3.00BETA: All notations listed here supersede comments below. I will try to note when this occurs in this section when possible.

Active Sonar—Given the game-engine changes to correct hard-coded bugs in the active sonars, we no longer need the bug workarounds, so Amizaur has reset all active sonars and active SL’s back to their original stock DW values. These maybe changed for realism purposes in the full LWAMI 3.0 version, but for now, the stock ranges are suitable as a baseline.

Maverick Missile—Amizaur has changed the range of the Maverick to a more reasonable 25km and reduced the warhead DP to 100. Also, he has enabled helicopters and submarines as legitimate targets for the Mavericks to allow snapshots on surfaced subs, however, the missile doctrine changes will still prevent them from homing in on and damaging submerged submarines.

Assorted Missile Modifications—The minimum range of the SM-2 has been set to 1nm and the turn radius of the very fast AS-4 and AS-6 has been increased, and their minimum range increased to attempt to emulate the effects of their high-diving trajectories. Doctrine changes will most likely follow in subsequent versions to complete this effect.

Torpedo Doctrine—Amizaur has removed the random circle/snake direction for human launched torpedoes, they will now always go to the right. The random direction is kept for AI launched torpedoes and all SUBROCS.

SubrocAttack Doctrine—Amizaur has added a random range and bearing error calculation into the Subroc trajectory and release point, meaning that Subrocs will no longer fall in exactly the same place for the same range and bearing setting and will produce a bit of a scatter effect for multiple launches set to the same place. While this may seem like it will reduce the effectiveness of the Subrocs, it may actually make it easier to fire multiple Subrocs into the generally vicinity of a POSSUB datum and score a kill, as the user can now set a single drop point and launch bearing and cover a wider area… theoretically. I’m an Akula diver and I like this change, so no complaining about how we’ve “killed the SUBROC.” Razz

Fire Control Radars—Amizaur has enabled the Earth Curvature flag for the longer ranged FCR’s and reduced their height to be equal to their associated search radars in order to get more realistic behavior. I have also increased the range of the second FCR on the Kongou, which is an AEGIS capable vessel. ALSO!!!, the Mk92 STIR and CAS of the OHP FFG has had their Earth Curvature flags set, meaning you can no longer fire SM-2’s over the horizon at distant surface ships and the whole radar dependant FC system on the FFG will be limited by the horizon.

Regarding Sphere Array Trackers—Due to the way the interface handles input from the SA’s, it is possible to see a broadband trace for contacts before you are able to assign a broadband tracker to them. The increased sensitivities for the SA’s in the mod have made this issue more noticeable. You can still assign narrowband trackers to the targets, however, as soon as they appear and later on assign broadband trackers to the targets as their SNR increases in order to get DEMON data, assuming that you are closing on the contacts and they are getting louder. Otherwise, you will have to use the towed array broadband trackers to get DEMON data for fainter contacts. There this, unfortunately, nothing we can do to resolve this issue on our end.

MH-60 Dipping Sonar—MaHuJa brought to my attention that the MH-60 dipping sonar is curling near the surface rather than diving as it should. To resolve this problem, I significantly decreased the buoyancy of the dipping sonar cable and slowed down the deployment speed to a more reasonable level. Thank you for bringing this up, M!

FFG Acceleration—Due to changes in the physics modeling, the FFG thrust was too weak to sustain proper speeds in 1.03. The propeller diameter has been now increased from 3 to 5 to give the FFG proper acceleration and allow it to maintain speed under proper conditions.

Passive Sonars—Due to the increased detection ranges in 1.03 under some conditions, the sensitivities of all passive sonars has been reduced by 2 (+2 in the database) across the board. This change is preliminary and still fails to bring the detection ranges in line with 1.01 in all conditions, however, given the drastic differences in the sonar model between 1.01 and 1.03, a bit more testing has to be done to figure out just what to do about this, if anything. However, as things stand now, this is quite playable as we have set it!

Submarine Attack Behavior—I have added to the SubAtkSub doctrine and made some modifications to some submarines’ launchers in order to allow more aggressive attack behavior by the AI. The AI submarines will now maneuver for their first shot as with the stock doctrine, however, after firing their first shot, will no longer immediately go into their avoidance doctrine, but instead continue to stalk the target. When the target goes into it’s evasion pattern and increases speed to avoid the first shot, the attacking AI submarine, usually, will fire a second shot with a time delay on the target submarine’s evasion solution. The effect of this is to make the AI a much more formidable foe. Beware! Wink

I will post the distribution to the CADC and send it to Bill soon!

Enjoy! Thumbs Up

Last edited by LuftWolf on Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
LuftWolf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LWAMI 3.00 BETA now available at CADC. Get it at the link below! Thumbs Up

http://www.orionwarrior.com/forum/showthread.php?p=309#post309

Cheers,
David
Beer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why to the left turn for Human dropped torpedoes?
This is realism???

No Thanks. Stock DW for me. If the liberty of changing the real life direction of circle patterns of torpedoes is an improvement, count me out of the other self thought improvements.

Beer
Bill Nichols

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 3.00 BETA is now up at SubGuru.com Very Happy
LuftWolf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beer, I think you are missing the point.

This change could be done with the editing of a single word in the doctrine.

Thanks for your input, btw. Thumbs Up

Perhaps you enjoy 3nm seekers for your LWTs? :hmm:

Afterall, airplatforms are basically in a turkeyshoot without the mod, so there isn't much skill involved, no matter which way your torpedoes are going. Joking
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: