Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Looking for a matchup

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> DW Multiplayer Matchup
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PowerMatt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Looking for a matchup Reply with quote

Looking for a multiplayer matchup. I've got the rest of the evening and the next two days off work.

I'm pretty new to Dangerous Waters. I can't believe I missed such a cool game.

Anyhow, I'm sitting in HyperLobby right now, and likely will be for several more hours.

--edit--

I give up on this evening. I'll try again tomorrow.
LuftWolf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're best bet at this point is to try to setup a game ahead of time. Smile

Also, many or most people on Hyperlobby are using the LWAMI Mod, but you'll have to see, as it's by no means everyone. Thumbs Up

You might also want to try the IRC channel, so I don't know what that is off the top of my head.

Good luck! Argh
PowerMatt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replying before I go to sleep.

I actually managed to get a good session going late Sunday night on HyperLobby. Myself in an MH-60 (seems to be the platform I'm best at so far) and the other guy in a seawolf. We were protecting a fleet from a pair of kilo subs. I had a lot of fun. He mentioned the LWAMI mod, and I installed it, so I'm set there. I do like some of the things it does (like seriously speeding up the hydrophone deployment on the MH-60).

I checked a couple of IRC channels. The one here at subsim seems to be down, and the one on QuakeNet was totally deserted.

I've sort of setup a game in advance. If anyone wants to play over the next two days, just let me know. Smile
MaHuJa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm usually leaving my client connected to the quakenet channel, at least. If you see the "anchor" (...well, with the somewhat limited character set...) attached to my name I'm marked "away".

Hyperlobby isn't suited for 'hanging out' - if there aren't people in the game channel already it's almost useless... unless you monitor it near 100% of the time before it disconnects you. (Without the chicken, there is no egg. Without the egg, there is no chicken...)

Though you may get lucky and have someone join right while you're not only still connected but even paying attention.

I'm hoping for xfire support though Smile
(A gaming-oriented IM - also keeps a tally of how much you've been playing.)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> DW Multiplayer Matchup All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: