Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

LOOKING FOR IDEAL MOD SET UP

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frogdog

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject: LOOKING FOR IDEAL MOD SET UP Reply with quote

By way of background...qualified in subs (diesel) aboard USS TIGRONE (AGSS 419) in 1966 (gold dolphins) before acceptance to BUDS. 22 years active duty...and I always loved the "stink boats" and the guys that sailed them...and often took us...in harms way. Anyway...I have diddled with this sim in various set-ups until a recent HD drive crash which has forced me to re-install among other things, SH III. I am looking for the perfect set up (for me) which would include:

1) Every visual bell and whistle available (space/speed no problem) including, but not limited to:
a) every available display (eg, heading tails, sonar lines, Wazoo's nomograph, the compass icon, and max plotting tool enhancements) on the NAV screen.
b) Max slide-out compass and CE reports. I seem to recall a prior MOD with compass slide-out from the top left (compass had Chinese characters mid-way on the dial face) and the CE report box had orders for among other things, normal/recharge diesel modes.
c) Max ambient/grammophone sounds
d) ABSOLUTE minimum crew fatigue possible!

I have found some incompatibility/conflict while trying various combos...including one situation where installation of raisanban's compass card caused an error msg out of my computer's ATI card.

Any way...maybe I am not the only dreamer out here and maybe the combined community might offer some suggestions/guidance along these lines.

I run (or did run) at between 65-79 realisim...still need WEPS help in the intercept arena....but working on it. AOB guesstimates are easier in real life than on the computer screen (at least in my opinion).

THANKS
Soviet_Warlord

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To get a mod that lowers fatigue get the "no fatigue mod" at http://u-boot.realsimulation.com/

I made a few changes to that file, and completely eliminated the fatigue. Heres the link: http://rapidshare.de/files/6534634/no_fatigue.zip.html

rapidshare.de/files/6534634/no_fatigue.zip?killcode=1256530678
frogdog

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough to say in my line of work...but "thanks" Soviet Warlord.
CCIP

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHIII commander allows you to choose between RUb fatigue model(s), the default game fatigue, or no fatigue at all if you like - among a ton of other things. That app is a must :hmm:
upload

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 Soviet_Warlord Please upload it on depositfiles.com. It will be there within 180 days
VonHelsching

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

frogdog,

I recommend the Grey Wolves Supermod plus Church Subsim's radio grammophone files.
CRM114

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grey Wolves Supermod adds as many visual bells and whistles as I can think of, and SH3 Commander allows you to set your crew to 'No Fatigue'. Give that a shot; even though it only seems like two mods, GW is actually a compilation of over a dozen different mods.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: