Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

MP Settings/hangout

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> DW Multiplayer Matchup
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gunslinger5577

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:00 am    Post subject: MP Settings/hangout Reply with quote

Hello All,

I used to play DW after it came out frequently online with some of you. I changed jobs/got married and haven't had the time in the past 4-5 months to play. Well I'm feeling the itch again and would like to play. I used to meet up on mIrc. I'm hearing now that hyperlobby is the way to go?

Also, any new patches updates/mods I should install to play online with you all? I have the sound speed patch already I think.

Thanks,
GS
Molon Labe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most players on HL play with the LW/Ami mod, available at subguru.

HL is the way to go, but it isn't as big as it was when we first got it. I think a lot of us got frustrated with the state of the game and the delays in the much-needed second patch. Public multi-platform class dives suffered the most, while sub v. sub games continued to go on strong with online fleets. Right now, you're only likely to get a game on HL on the weekends.

LW/Ami is breathing life back into the game, so HL might make a comeback. We can also expect a patch with the forthcoming retail release of DW, so there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Fish

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: MP Settings/hangout Reply with quote

gunslinger5577 wrote:
Hello All,

I used to play DW after it came out frequently online with some of you. I changed jobs/got married and haven't had the time in the past 4-5 months to play. Well I'm feeling the itch again and would like to play. I used to meet up on mIrc. I'm hearing now that hyperlobby is the way to go?

Also, any new patches updates/mods I should install to play online with you all? I have the sound speed patch already I think.

Thanks,
GS

Congrats on your new job, and of course your marriage. Thumbs Up
gunslinger5577

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Molon!

How's it going? I know we got quite a few games in when I first starting playing on MIRC. I was unaware that DW was going to be released on the retail market.. That is great. I will download the L/ami mod. Does it incorporate sound vs speed fix? I know that fix was hot when I stopped playing.

Fish, thanks for the congrats. The wife is amiable to some time spent gaming Smile so hopefully I'll be able to catch some weekend games. Job is great, same palce, different project/position, lots of travel.. But interesting.

I'm going to read up on the forum posts over the past few months to catch up. thanks for the info though Molon, hope all is well with you.

Thanks,
GS
LuftWolf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Does it incorporate sound vs speed fix?

The mod greatly expands and improves the sound vs. speed fix, making it specific down to individual platforms, in a number of important cases.

Welcome back to the DW community! Smile
Molon Labe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gunslinger5577 wrote:
Molon!

How's it going? I know we got quite a few games in when I first starting playing on MIRC. I was unaware that DW was going to be released on the retail market.. That is great. I will download the L/ami mod. Does it incorporate sound vs speed fix? I know that fix was hot when I stopped playing.

Fish, thanks for the congrats. The wife is amiable to some time spent gaming Smile so hopefully I'll be able to catch some weekend games. Job is great, same palce, different project/position, lots of travel.. But interesting.

I'm going to read up on the forum posts over the past few months to catch up. thanks for the info though Molon, hope all is well with you.

Thanks,
GS

It'll be good to have you back. Now that you're married and still able to spend time on DW, you'll need to incessantly remind OneShot of this fact and dragged his whipped ass out to dive/fly with us every once in awhile. Joking
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> DW Multiplayer Matchup All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: