Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Pack3D - Manual and Bugs Reports here...please
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH3 Mods Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Warhunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx, for the info. I will test it.

Props

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the same message while trying to import a 3D model I tried to create with AC3D (I´m really a noob with all this). However by good old try-and-error testing I found out, that it was due to an "open" model with one or more missing sides.

To give you an example (not sure if it would happen, just for better understanding as I´m not good with explanations):
If I create an normal cube with six sides and want to import it, I have no problems, but if I´m deleting one of the sides in AC3D, creating an "open" cube, every time I try to import it, I get the error message. Above all this happened after I altered the hull of my ship more than once, accidentally deleting or moving a single surface, so the model became "open".
Note: Bodies with overlapping(?) surfaces don`t need to be "closed", as long as their "open" sides are within the body of another part/body (for example the superstructure and the hull of a ship).

Maybe you had the same problem and that is why it worked with your complete model (including turrets, cranes, ...), but not with your current model?

(All of this just in case it is easier to find problems with 3D programms rather than by text editors (lika I said, I´m a complete noob...)

But beside this:
Great looking model!!! I hope you can finish it soon!

Edit: The same error seems to appear if two (parallel oriented) surfaces are too close to each other.

Last edited by Props on Mon May 01, 2006 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
andrSub

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found one blip in the camera during gameplay.
When I switch to the ship camera, (not free camera) The point from which the camera rotates is on the stern! :hmm:

Which happens for every ship, including the sub while submerged.
When I rotate it, it stops when It touches the side of the sub. But I can still pass beneath and above it though.

And more oddly, it doesn't happen all the time! It randomly happens for a seesion of the game.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH3 Mods Workshop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16

Jump to: