Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Mod request for more ship types....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53, 54  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH3 Mods Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to Cmdr Gibs

It is not finished yet. You may be the first who will? do not stop. Cheers
sergbuto

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warhunter wrote:
HMS Hood

Cool.
sergbuto

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cdre Gibs wrote:
Confused This is the 2nd time a ship I have been working on quietly has been also done by some1 else. At this rate I may as well hang up the towel ! Joking

One should never assume that he/she is the only person working on some particular ship. There is always a chance that somebody is doing the same kind of model as well. And I think there is nothing bad in such an ovelap. To everyone's benefit eventually.

Here is what I did on Hood quite a while ago but never finished due to lack of time. The only thing I can say guys: "Take care of the damage model". Without appropriate damage models these nice ships will be mostly an eye candy because it will be difficult to reproduce historical battles/events.

Warhunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is another model of mine. It's a german landing craft, which was operating in areas like the Black Sea or the Mediterranean. There were mainly used to support landing operations, but also to attack Soviet oil transports.

I plan to versions:

2x 20mm single barrel, 1x 20mm quad barrel, 2x 88mm main guns

2x 20mm single barrel, 1x 37mm single barrel, 2x 105mm main guns

Warhunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AG124 wrote:
Surprised Surprised Surprised

Do you have her working for SHIII yet?

yes but without textures.
AG124

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why Iambecomelife and I usually discuss the ships we are working on. We are kitbashing merchants, which is quite different than what you guys are doing, but it would not be good if we were all working on the same ones in some cases (whale factories, for example).

The three of you should work out which ships you are going to work on so that a wider range of ships will be completed. Yep
booger2005

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warhunter wrote:
Here is another model of mine. It's a german landing craft, which was operating in areas like the Black Sea or the Mediterranean. There were mainly used to support landing operations, but also to attack Soviet oil transports.

I plan to versions:

2x 20mm single barrel, 1x 20mm quad barrel, 2x 88mm main guns

2x 20mm single barrel, 1x 37mm single barrel, 2x 105mm main guns

Very nice. Reminds me of the German flak barges from IL2. Is that what you call an "f-lighter"?
Warhunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In german it's: "Marine Artillerie Leichter". Perhaps you can translate it with "maritime artillery lighter".

http://www.german-navy.de/kriegsmarine/ships/landingcrafts/nal/index.html
Warhunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In order to prevent us modelling the same ships, I started a collection thread about ships, which are currently under development.
Type941

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sergbuto wrote:
Cdre Gibs wrote:
Confused This is the 2nd time a ship I have been working on quietly has been also done by some1 else. At this rate I may as well hang up the towel ! Joking

One should never assume that he/she is the only person working on some particular ship. There is always a chance that somebody is doing the same kind of model as well. And I think there is nothing bad in such an ovelap. To everyone's benefit eventually.

Here is what I did on Hood quite a while ago but never finished due to lack of time. The only thing I can say guys: "Take care of the damage model". Without appropriate damage models these nice ships will be mostly an eye candy because it will be difficult to reproduce historical battles/events.

I wonder why you guys would rather make some tanker than this!!! I mean... it's like you pick a yugo over ferrari when you can get the ferrari. Please if anyone ever finds time to see it through, this could be one of most popular downloads ships for SH3. :lost:
booger2005

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Type941 wrote:
sergbuto wrote:
Cdre Gibs wrote:

I wonder why you guys would rather make some tanker than this!!! I mean... it's like you pick a yugo over ferrari when you can get the ferrari. Please if anyone ever finds time to see it through, this could be one of most popular downloads ships for SH3. :lost:

I agree, its nice and I hope it gets finished, but please don't bash those that would rather make "some tanker." Capital ships like the Hood (and Iowa) are very, very rare. Meanwhile, about 99.9% of the time in SH3 is dedicated to finding and attacking merchant shipping. Frankly, many people, myself included, were getting quite tired of sinking the same 8 or so merchant ships, most of which aren't very representative of the 1940s merchant fleet, and the work of AG124, iambecomelife, sergbuto, and others is very much hopeful and appreciated. Yep
CCIP

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, as much as I'd like a nice model of that Hood in there... let Bismarck sink the Hood, I want my tankers :8Cool

Still, all of you guys keep at it!
iambecomelife

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will the real HMS Hood please stand up? Thumbs Up

They look fantastic - I've always wondered how warship modders managed to get all the precise details to look correct (or at least a good approximation of reality).

@CCIP - I've been wondering about tankers myself. ATM I think there are three modded ones - a very large one I made (WIP), AG124's coastal tanker (released) and the Empire Celt, also by AG124 (WIP). I'm not releasing my first tanker because of QC issues, and I think AG124 said the same thing about one of his own WIP tankers. We probably need more medium ships between 5000-8500 tons, along with a much smaller number of extremely large and small ones.
iambecomelife

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uapa wrote:
Hi!
I'have a question is it possible to make a sailing ship?

I think the biggest problem would be the sails. To look realistic they would have to be affected by the wind, and the game represents all ships' surfaces as solid materials.
Boris

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there an ETA on the release of your ships iambecomelife?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH3 Mods Workshop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53, 54  Next
Page 52 of 54

Jump to: