Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

OT: New book: Red Star Rogue
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub & Naval Books, Films, and Models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kapitan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

K129 was not a golf 2 submarine infact she was a golf I

moscow formaly denies K129 golf exists dr kravan notes on missile in the sail of the sub missing noting that this is golf I

golf II has a sort of hump like a normal SSBN after its sail with K129 this is not the case

of all the golfs most were converted K129 was not and so was a few others
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Captain Nemo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kapitain wrote:
K129 was not a golf 2 submarine infact she was a golf I

Strange, the author of the book says it was a Golf II but the reason it tried to fire a missile on the surface was because it was trying to imitate a Chinese Golf I so that China got the blame for flattening Hawaii. However if true, this ploy would have failed because SOSUS had already picked up the K-129 and classified it as a Golf II sub. Perhaps the author is talking a load of tosh anyway and it was a Golf I.

Nemo
Kapitan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

time the K129 went down golf II was under going tesing it took years before they even raise part of K129 and when crevan said missile missing in the tube in the sail that immediatly gives it awway as a golf I
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub & Naval Books, Films, and Models All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: