Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Battle of Britain 2: Wings of Valour.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> All Kinds of Other Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Egan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject: Battle of Britain 2: Wings of Valour. Reply with quote

I just picked this up. At first there does not seem to be much difference between this and the Rowansoft original but then you start noticing the lighting, the clouds, the water, the models....The FM feels overhauled too. Seems good so far. Lots of reports of ctds and so on but I've not seem anything yet, myself.
Oberon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice....might have to investigate this, I'm one of the select few that still enjoy the original Rowansoft BoB Thumbs Up
Egan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful looking game, with an atmosphere that blows Forgotten battle out of the sky.

The weather effects are stunning. flying below the blanket cloud on a stormy day is just awesome. And for the first time in sim history a 'fair' British day actually looks like a 'fair' British day: Plenty of cloud, a bit grey with sunny spells. Thumbs Up

But it really is a bit on the crashy side. Lol, my original Rowansoft copy was more stable. :down:
thyro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This title Battle of Britain II - Wings of Victory (limited edition) is to remain in the shop shelves...

skip it! skip it! and buy something else better!

The game is totaly instable,

The planes aren't stable and very hard to find little dots (which might/not be german planes)

Crashes followed by crashes and not even patches solved the problems

Plane graphics aren't precise and sometimes would get very odd during the gameplay.

My advise on this game is simple:

If your game shop doesn't give you refunds... then spend your money in other game (skip this one and don't even look at box/magazine pictures... that was my fall!)

Buy this "game" (if we can use the word "game" to describe this pile of x) if you want to become disapointed with it.

<--- unfortunatly the shop that I use doesn't make refunds otherwise I would have returned it... Anyway it went straight to the rubish bin after trying it for several days to see if I could make it a bit stable...

£35 to the bin! Damn
Egan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I've junked it now. More unstable than a Psycho on crank. even worse than the original.

Still a great game, though....what a shame. Mad
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> All Kinds of Other Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: