Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Maps and how to install

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sub Sailor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Maps and how to install Reply with quote

Anyone;
With Baron Max's help I have started designing missions, still learning, so not ready to post. I know there are several maps posted that are not in the original SC or SCXIIc, I would like to use some. But, I don't know how to or where to install them so I can use them. Could someone please advise me? I am wanting to design a mission based on Red Storm Rising- the strike on the Russian Air fields, but need a map to do it.
Another favor, how does one make a wave file?

Thank you,

Ron Banks MMCM(SS), USN(Ret)
Ultraboy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what you mean by maps here... but if you're talking about scenarios/missions that are available for download, just put them in your Sub Command\Scenario directory. As far as I know, ALL the scenarios out there are based on the same world map that comes with the game.
Sub Sailor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:54 am    Post subject: Cusrom Maps Reply with quote

By maps, I mean the custom maps that are on Salmo's SSN site and there are others. They are not the regualr SC maps, covering areas like the Barents Sea, Spartley Ishands, etc.
In those mission it often states where the maps came from. What I am asking help on is how do I access these maps and then use them in building my own missions.

Thanks for your reply,

Ron Banks MMCM(SS), USN(Ret)
clive bradbury

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Effectively they are maps without mission o0bjects. Copy them into your 'scenario' folder and you can then access them from the mission editor.
Sub Sailor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:43 am    Post subject: Egg on my face Reply with quote

Well Duh, now the only site with maps that I can locate is on the SSN site. Can anyone direct me to a map site where I can get some of those I am looking for?

Thank You,

Ron Banks MMCM(SS)< USN(Ret)
sonar732

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron,

I don't know what happened to the ops-department.net maps site. It was working not too long ago. Surprised

It's too bad because this site had various maps with multiple items on it like lighthouses, oil rigs, etc. I sent an email requesting what happened to it and will post a new topic for you also.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: