Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Irritating Periscope

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShadowWulf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Irritating Periscope Reply with quote

Hey i just tried the 688 for the first time (normaly use Akula) and the pericope is really getting on my nerves Damn . As im sure anyone who has used it before already knows the thing make a click noise every single degree of bearing that it moves. When trying to do a fast skim this can being extremely annoying. Does anyone know where the file is that makes that d*mn sound so i could delete, it or some other way to get rid of it. If you can help me out i would greatly appriciate it.
Ultraboy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um... Although this doesn't really help you, I feel the need to point out that I DON'T have this sound effect, and I play the 688 all the time. Perhaps I should be thankful... Oh, and for the record, I couldn't find a sound file to correspond with what you're describing, but given my prowess at finding things, that's hardly conclusive.

Good luck! :hmm:

P.S. Might help to know what version of the game you're running and what mods etc.
ShadowWulf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe well maybe im just unlucky and the game is telling me to keep my ass with the U.S.S.R. and in an Akula. In all of my missions in which i have used a 688 the periscope makes this loud click every single degree of bearing that it changes, making a quick pd check sound... hell i dont know anything that quite sounds like it (its really annoying though).
Kapitan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ultra boy you probably worn it out Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ultraboy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:hmm:

Hmm, I do like to watch it spin... perhaps I should rely more on sonar or radar or ESM or... Very Happy
clive bradbury

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow wulf,

the wav file you are after is 'SWO_LITBTN'. Extract it with the sound editor and turn the volume down to nothing. Replace the original in the 688I folder and there you go - no more annoying click when you rotate the scope.
ShadowWulf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks alot. Finaly can use the periscope without it sounding like a bloody machine gun going off.
Kapitan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol dont use the 688 or sea wolf so im all good Smug
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ShadowWulf

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe I don’t really like them either. Don’t really mind the seawolf. Hehe 16 CM tubes just sticks out (still don’t see how its ass doesn’t just look like a honeycomb).

Just out of curiosity. Am i really the only one who was bothered by this noise. By the sound a lot of people use the 688i, but then again i guess you really don’t need your periscope too much with modern subs.
Kapitan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you want irratating fo and listen to a russian periscops noise after turning it a quarter of the way the noise drove me nuts i have a video of a russian submarine using her scop and its on there it lasts for 5 seconds and thats enough to drive me up the wall and you think the american periscope is bad Surprised

it has a tone to it and the tone is constant which is what drives everyone nuts
ShadowWulf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe really. least sub command doesnt use it. where did you get the video?
Kapitan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the video is from a tv programme called mission invisible
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: