Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Getting started - SCX?? SCU?? SCXII??

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command
View previous topic :: View next topic  
syndicatedragon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: Getting started - SCX?? SCU?? SCXII?? Reply with quote

I'm just getting started with this game. I've gathered that SCX, SCXII and SCU are some kinds of mods for the game? What do they do? Where do I get them? Should I just play the "vanilla" game first?

Also, where is a good place to get scenarios and stuff? Should I bother with the "built-in" ones?

thanks.
Sea Demon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey syndicatedragon -

1. SCX/SCXIIc is a mod that puts more platforms in the game from many more different countries. It also changes doctrine files and such for more realism in gameplay.

2. SCU is a mod that allows players to make other submarines in the game playable. (i.e. Victor III, Alfa class SSN, Collins, Han SSN, etc.) Definitely worth the download.

3. A great place to get the downloads and many different scenarios is at www.subguru.com.

4. When you install SCX/SCU, make sure you read the "read-me" files thoroughly. I think installing these mods is easy if you read the directions. The makers of SCX have done magnificent work here. You will be impressed.

5. May I recommend you go over to Battlefront and order a copy of Sonalyst's new game Dangerous Waters. If you like Sub Command, you will love Dangerous Waters...guaranteed. Yep

6. Welcome to Subsim.

Sea Demon
Ramius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi syndicatedragon,

Hope you enjoy your stay in the Subsim forums Thumbs Up

I'm currently in the process of upgrading the SCX site at the moment.
But it was still be found here

www.ramius.co.uk

All SCX downloads are still available from there.

As Sea Demon said... www.subguru is a great place to get custom missions etc from Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Regarding "SCX or Vanilla" SC.... hmmmm i suppose it depends on yourself and if you have any experience with subs or sub games.

Of course if you have the room, theres nothing to stop you doing a dual install of Sub Command so you can try them both.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
syndicatedragon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, DW looks great. But, before I spent the money I want to make sure I can at least get going with SC. The interest is there, I'm not sure about the amount of time it will take to properly learn everything.
Bill Nichols

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

syndicatedragon wrote:
yeah, DW looks great. But, before I spent the money I want to make sure I can at least get going with SC. The interest is there, I'm not sure about the amount of time it will take to properly learn everything.

Also, if you want to play with Cold War subs (Sturgeon, etc.) or other subs not in DW, then SC (with SCX/SCU) is the only game in town.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: