Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Battleship Chess

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> All Kinds of Other Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShipperS7

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: Battleship Chess Reply with quote

I was bored one day so I clicked on the ad banner for battleship chess, and downloaded the demo, and forgot about it.

And then I was on vacation in Canada, and I had to take a ferry to Victoria from Vancouver, where I was staying.

I played it the entire ferry ride, and guess what?

It's preeeeeettttyyy fun. Yep
blade007

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea it is fun i bought the full version if you do let me know we go head to head Rock
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ShipperS7

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blade007 wrote:
Yea it is fun i bought the full version if you do let me know we go head to head Rock

Yup, I got it! Rock
Bis71

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was an early fan of this. If you liked it, you should also checkout Battlefleet 1939 and The Lost Admiral Returns.
Bis71

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battlefleet URL

http://www.battle-fleet.com/
Bis71

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lost Admiral URL:

http://www.lostadmiralreturns.com/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShipperS7 wrote:
blade007 wrote:

Yup, I got it! Rock
em2nought

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a new beta version of Battleship Chess 2.1 available. http://www.apezone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=785
Hellcat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just downloaded the demo and played it straight through, even though its addictive I dont see any thing that would keep me coming back. Unless there is the possiblity to extend the amount of turns per action... 40 does not seem like enough. (Ammo runs out pretty quick eh?) I dont mean to be rude or anything its a great concept and all I just wish it went a bit further with historical detail, like giving the ships the abitlity to move more akin to Battlefleet '39. know its suppose to repersent chess but why not move to say a more dynamic enviroment of play? (see below)

Battlefleet '39 on the other hand is fun but is lacking in several areas...
- I dont like how the movement and attack phases work, ie a defense screen of DD's is useless if the enemy can easily sneak through a hole and hit your heavies without allowing to react until after their attack.
- The graphics burned my eyes, I believe that "The Grandest Fleet" had better gameplay + graphics.

Does anyone remember Battleship! from hasbro? It was basically the turn based game we all know.... in addition though it offered a RTS like game which if was turned into a turn based system with a few more stats attached which is the closed I've seen to what I would want to see produced.

However if the concept of all 3 of these games were combined I would think we'd have a winner. Sorta like Steel Panthers: World at War with boats and a 3d view. yeah that would be pretty sweet. Rock Just think about it, by giving each unit a morale system and the ability to set LOS, weather modeled to some extent to affect range and accuracy. Detailed weapons on all shiips and units, a greater OOB for each side... yikes thats a lot of stuff... I should have been a programmer.....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kresge

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was addicted for the whole hour of the demo, but I can't justify paying $20 for the download. For $10 I would go for it.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> All Kinds of Other Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: