Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Seen any authentic North Atlantic/U-boat charts/maps?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub & Naval Books, Films, and Models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
InfectiousDust

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Seen any authentic North Atlantic/U-boat charts/maps? Reply with quote

Hi all.

I have an interesting request which I was hoping someone might be able to help me with. Basically I have a bare wall in my room that I think would be filled nicely with a framed WWII-era chart/map of the North Atlantic. Ideally, I'd like to find an authentic chart/map that was used by U-boat captains during the war. I plan to have it blown up at Kinko's to a decent size, so a high quality image with a high resolution is important.

So far the best one that I have found is at http://u-boat.realsimulation.com. The image is a 9.88MB JPEG, with a resolution of 3378 x 2652.

Has anyone else come across a good image similar to what I am looking for? I would really appreciate any and all help with this. Thanks! Smile
Sailor Steve

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://143.50.93.50/werner/blah/Nordatlantikkarte/index.html

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sailor Steve wrote:
http://143.50.93.50/werner/blah/Nordatlantikkarte/index.html

Thanks for the find Steve. Unfortunately the largest map appears to be the same map as the one I located at u-boat.realsimulation.com. Any others you know of?
InfectiousDust

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry that was me. I didn't know guests had posting privileges here. Embarassed
Hellcat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about the paper map that came with AOTD? It seemed athentic to me (I could be wrong, its been like 6 years since I saw that map last)

Was a nice thing to have hanging right beside the monitor... I would be very interested in getting a hold of something of that scale that can be printed 24 X 36 and then framed or laminated for that matter.

*** d'oh that link you posted looks just like the aotd map... however even on the largest verison you can't read the city names when zoomed in ***
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
irishred

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got some maps that probably aren't available anywhere else, if someone is willing to host them - 177 MB PM me.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub & Naval Books, Films, and Models All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: