Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

I need a little aid for new ship

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH3 Mods Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UBOAT234

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:25 am    Post subject: I need a little aid for new ship Reply with quote

I have cloned the liner with Pack3d and export obj... and now have many problem:
I try with MAYA 3d

I dont have idea for change the wake of ship, when change the dimension, and a have used move the ship retry the point af original ship but i think isnt the way...

Have problem to move the exit of smoke...
and I dont have idea how to add a funnel... I have add for try, but dont function, is visible, but in game dont work, is trasparency when I shot.

Someone to help me? Embarassed
A little help, to lose time in this adventure.

BEST REGARDS
UBOAT234
iambecomelife

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add a funnel, just open the "cosh" obj file and use the duplicate function for your 3d modeling program. Then, drag the duplicate funnel forward or backwards, depending on where you need it to appear.

The coordinates for the wakes and smoke are in the non3d nodes heading for pack3d, but I'm not sure which is which. Ask Noline to help you, since he knows a lot about this.

If you put an extra funnel on the ship it might not smoke. One solution is to use the SH3 tweaking program to create heavier funnel smoke, so it looks like smoke is coming from all of them.
UBOAT234

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iambecomelife wrote:
To add a funnel, just open the "cosh" obj file and use the duplicate function for your 3d modeling program. Then, drag the duplicate funnel forward or backwards, depending on where you need it to appear.

Ok, but were i import in dat file?

In this liner onli 2 cosh object...

I have try with hex editor to add a object, with change any id and reference but do not work.

iambecomelife wrote:
If you put an extra funnel on the ship it might not smoke. One solution is to use the SH3 tweaking program to create heavier funnel smoke, so it looks like smoke is coming from all of them.

Ok, but which tweek program? Is good Timetraveller? for this?

thanks very much for you. :sunny:

BEST REGARDS
UBOAT234
AG124

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, try timetraveler's mini-tweaker first. You should easily be able to increase the density of the smoke.

When iambecomelife was talking about duplicating the funnels, I think he was talking about the 3d cosh objects themselves, not the nodes. You will have to ask him though, but that is the method I would choose.
UBOAT234

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AG124 wrote:
Yes, try timetraveler's mini-tweaker first. You should easily be able to increase the density of the smoke.

When iambecomelife was talking about duplicating the funnels, I think he was talking about the 3d cosh objects themselves, not the nodes. You will have to ask him though, but that is the method I would choose.

I have add the node, and his add also, the funnel.cfg, in non 3d node.
Do not work...
I think, change the zone file and others?

BEST REGARDS
UBOAT234
AG124

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, unfortunately, have no experience in editing .zon files. But maybe Iambecomelife, DerTeddyBar, or NoLine could help with that. Yep
iambecomelife

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UBOAT234 wrote:
iambecomelife wrote:

Ok, but were i import in dat file?

In this liner onli 2 cosh object...

I have try with hex editor to add a object, with change any id and reference but do not work.

iambecomelife wrote:

Ok, but which tweek program? Is good Timetraveller? for this?

thanks very much for you. :sunny:

BEST REGARDS
UBOAT234

Open the unit's dat in pack3d. Import the [unitname].cosh file into the same [unitname].cosh subfolder in pack3d. If you have the latest pack3d version it will work.

There is no way to add a new, smoking funnel to the game without substantial hex editing skills. With most methods only the original funnel(s) will smoke. For example, a unit descended from the tribal destroyer can have 2 working funnels, a unit descended from the t-2 tanker will have 1, etc. Of course, you can 3d model as many dummy funnels as you want.

Last edited by iambecomelife on Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
NoLine

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UBOAT234, bow wave are 3 nodes, goto non 3d nodes in pack3d they are called shipname_siajF and shipname_siajF2 (the bowwave) and shipname_siajF_C for the bow splash if the ship is in heavy weather

cheers Noline
UBOAT234

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoLine wrote:
UBOAT234, bow wave are 3 nodes, goto non 3d nodes in pack3d they are called shipname_siajF and shipname_siajF2 (the bowwave) and shipname_siajF_C for the bow splash if the ship is in heavy weather

cheers Noline

Ok... Thank you...
But i have find shipname_siajF_B not: shipname_siajF_C

and "knowledge" for: NAMC_ShipWake

I am very annoying for you, but with which command i can modify substantially smoke, with SH3 Mini Tweaker Program?

BEST REGARDS
UBOAT234
NoLine

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

huh yes, it must be differend for differend ships, but try the shipname_siajF_B
the shipewake is huh the wake of the ship Joking
smoke you can only move by moving the funnel so the new funnel should be in excactly the same spot as the old funnel, same goes for the props and flagpole

cheers
NoLine
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH3 Mods Workshop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: