Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

SH3 Developers are Looking for Mods.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH3 Mods Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zachstar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://saresevil.flaregamestudios.com/SH3Models/index.php

Here are the forums for the effort!

Hey if subsim decides to create a forum for this hear please let me know and I will close it.

Feel free to start a new topic for each craft and lets also build a list to check off whats been done and whats not.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zachstar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can find some stuff to do here http://saresevil.flaregamestudios.com/SH3Models/viewtopic.php?p=3#3

Caution tho the list is not in any real way organized and I will need help maintaining it.

Im asking for 2 people willing and have the plan to get it organized you will be made mods as to be able to edit the list. Please don't sign up just to be a mod I need some serious effort maintaining that list and keeping it easy to refer to.

I have gone through this topic and gotten some stuff for the list from the posts. If you have a problem with me doing this please say so if you made the post I will apologize if needed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lem

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

someone said italian fighter?

Was meant originally for Warbirds online flightsim, but since i left that place...

Unfortunally if i give it away to a company i want money for it.

Blame your capitalistic society. Nothing is free, not even death... it cost your life.

Lem
CB..

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

couldn't hurt to surface in a Norwegian Fiord and find one or two of these at anchor..

this has probably fewer polys than the upper aircraft limit set by UBI...so i could make it hugely more detailed...

Kpt. Lehmann

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salute! Guys,

For what it's worth from a new sub commander... I'd reeeeeaaaally like to see the lack of water reflectivity fixed for the type IIA and IID u-boats... considering they are looking at graphics fixes/ add-ons.
iambecomelife

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CB.. wrote:
couldn't hurt to surface in a Norwegian Fiord and find one or two of these at anchor..

this has probably fewer polys than the upper aircraft limit set by UBI...so i could make it hugely more detailed...

That looks great as it is; I can't wait to see it with more details.
CB..

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers Thumbs Up
melendir

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if this has been done in some mod, but anyway it would be great feature (minor for use but major for feeling).

In Sub Command there was this ability to write to log book, it showed your additions with different colour and you could delete your own lines if you wanted to. I loved the possibility to write "Diary" there and I also used it to make notes for various aspects during patrol, so I could check it during journey.

Of course I would want it to work a way, that you could read previous mission's text too.

That would be great addition too, even thought it's not number 1 in the list Very Happy

If somebody knows a mod for Silent Hunter III to add this feature already, please tell me. I have to use pen and paper now. Even though that's a bit realistic Wink
ZanRod

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Axeman3d wrote:
I've never built a ship yet, made everything else but never a ship, so I might just have a quick bash at making a battleship or battlecruiser. Where do I go for detailed plans of these things, anyone know of anywhere that holds decent drawings and other resources? Is there an equivelant of uboat.net for battleships?

Found some useful sites with some plans. Don't know if the are of any use. But have a look if you want.
http://www.dreadnoughtproject.org/plans/
http://www.heiszwolf.com/subs/plans/plans.html#Gerretse,
Grossies2005

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: Anthony Reply with quote

KarlSteiner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:52 am    Post subject: models for SH3 Reply with quote

I think the developer should turn SH3c to an open system like Flightsimulater ever is!!!
Thats the mighty effort of this simulation.
They will do also better to bring more naval and georraphical reality with an new version (update).
By the moment it is not possible to add a simple ceated harbor or
lighthouse with a defined high.

Poor, poor, poor

Predefined harbors in a collected file this is too somple. Most of the harbors are overdesigned and had too much objects within.

NAVIGARE NECESSE EST

P.S.:
We are living in the 21th century but in the SH3 we are still siling on a flat world like in the dark middle ages.

Capt. Perez wrote:
The ongoing success of a simulation can be immensly improved by encouraging outside development. Case in point: Microsoft Flight Simulator.

From the beginning this has been an open-ended paradise for developers. The result is an entire universe of addon planes, instrument panels, sounds, scenery, macros and utilities, not to mention a library of development tools (many free) for developer wannabees. Check out flightsim.com or simviation.com (and prepare to be amazed).

GMax is one of the tools of choice for aircraft designers. Some of those guys have been at it for over ten years. If we could get a couple in our camp, we'd probably see some great additional ship models.

Opening up the SDK would be the best thing Ubi could do. I hope they will take a look at a couple of FS enthusiast sites to see just how much potential is really there.

--------

Graphics aside, I sure hope they will do some more with AI. It's good now, but ever-better AI is the ultimate sim programming challenge. I wish I was talented enough to participate - I'd do it for free.

- Perez
JU_88

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about the Town class destroyer for the RN, it was one of the most mass produced!
Some more additions to the Russian and Italian navies are much needed!
Definatley more aircraft too! The Avro Anson, Lockheed Hudson, De havilland mosquito and the Bristol Beufighter are all missing in action, yet these were the most common land based ASW aircraft in Coastal commands arsenal!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH3 Mods Workshop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: