Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

German battlefield discoverer to visit USA

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub & Naval Books, Films, and Models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sarah

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: German battlefield discoverer to visit USA Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I know this is a bit off topic, but those with a passion for WWII history may also be interested in ancient history. I thought I would pass this along:

Major Tony Clunn, discoverer of the Varus battlefield in Northern Germany, will be in the United States for a speaking tour in late April/early May. His trip coincides with the release of his book, The Quest for the Lost Roman Legions: Discovering the Varus Battlefield.

In 9 A.D., three Roman legions under Varus were slaughtered in a well-planned ambush by Arminius’s German troops. The Quest for the Lost Roman Legions describes author Tony Clunn’s hunt for and discovery of one of the western world’s most important battles. You can read an excerpt from the book and an interview with the author on our website here http://www.savasbeatie.com/LostRomanLegions.html

Originally from England, Major Clunn now lives in Germany, just miles from the battlefield he discovered. As you can imagine, his discovery and its implications are fascinating, culturally, historically, and archeologically speaking. You can view Major Clunn’s full travel schedule on our website at the link above. Please check it out and see if he will be making a stop in your area.

If you know anyone else who would be interested, please help us spread the word about this unique opportunity. Any questions, please let me know.

Sarah
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub & Naval Books, Films, and Models All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: