Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

SWAT 4

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> All Kinds of Other Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AdamWarren

Location: The same as the last 23 hours... staring at the monitor TN, USA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:22 am    Post subject: SWAT 4 Reply with quote

This is one totaly one AWSOME game! It is the best FPS I have ever played.

It uses Unreal Technology. It has awsome graphics. I think that it carries the tactical shooter genre to a new level.

Many reviews have complained about the poor officer AI, which complains about the player standing in their spot, not doing what the player asks, not engaging enemies fast enough. In my opinion, this is fairly empty criticism. You are suppose to save life, you have to give the enemy a chance to surrender peacefully. I've never seen a game that focuses on team play as much as this one. You are the commander of a 5-man SWAT team.

Replayability is also excellent. Random enemy placements, and even the ability to quickly design your own missions!!

I've only had this game 2 days, and I'm allready crazy over it!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AdamWarren

Location: The same as the last 23 hours... staring at the monitor TN, USA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else got it? I'm looking forward to some online play
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Oombongo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it but I didn't unpack it yet.

I am in love with SHIII :sunny:
NeonSamurai

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All in all its a pretty good game, however play it long enough and you will start to see a whole range of glaring issues.

Off the top of my head

The unrealistic scoring system which tends to force you to use Less then lethals even against highly dangerous and armored suspects.

The bugged 45 smg in multiplayer which 1 shot kills vs armor in multi player (and also goes through walls) (it does this because the devs accidentaly put the damage value vs armor wearers much higher then vs those with out armor)

The extreme reaction speed and accuracy of the ai (the ai especialy the enemy ai has the annoying habbit of going to raised weapon and shooting in under 5 ms with pin point accuracy.

The large weapon bloom of player weapons (which is worsened by the ai reaction speed).

Weirdness with certain rooms and sound travel (such as suspects ignoring you even if you shoot at them through a window or yell compliance).

Looked into a mirror lately in the game? Wink

AI pathing issues (such as your team going through un cleared areas and stacking up on the wrong side of the door) or piling up at a door and the standing there getting shot to pieces.

Oh and the officer nags get anoying fast as they will spam you till you move every 2 seconds.

Thats just a few of them.

Unfortunatly though VU has shown absolutly no signs that they are going to fix any of it any time soon. Even the glaring 45 smg bug which is a big problem in multiplayer and would take them about 10 seconds to fix.
FesterShinetop

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does have a few issues (like any other game) but it is still awesome and VERY playable. Still working through the SP "campaign" but I definately plan to get online for some coop action as well! Thumbs Up
Zepheron

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NeonSamurai wrote:

Looked into a mirror lately in the game? Wink

What's wrong with the mirror? Personally I find Swat 4 to be excellent. plus the mods are starting to fall in, so any problems the game has will be ironed out either way.
NeonSamurai

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm you meen you havent noticed that the mirrors in the game tend to flatten the images? they are like carnival mirrors
FesterShinetop

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW guys, the long awaited patch for Swat 4 is finally released!!! Get it over at http://www.swat4.com Thumbs Up

Rock Rock
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> All Kinds of Other Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: