Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Ahoy-no Time Compression-Expansion Pack-May1940
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vienna

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From "Das Boot", Cassell Paperback Edition (1999), English translation; page 258:

“No one at home will believe it,” the Chief remarks. “They simply can’t imagine it. On our next leave we ought to invent a U-boat game. Go without shaving or washing for months. No change of linen, into bed with boots and stinking leather clothes on. Brace your knee against the table while eating, and instead of serving spinach on a plate, plop it down on the table top…”
The Chief gulps a couple of mouthfuls and goes on elaborating his plan. “And if the telephone rings, yell ‘Alarm!’ like a madman, knock over the table, and rush for the door like greased lightning.”

Has it gone this far yet?
Kpt. Lehmann

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inspiring stuff Wrrat! Forget the griefers... and keep driving the boot! Thumbs Up
Wrratt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

? Ahoy, <B> Farside,</b> thanks for the good wish, as a skipper it is always gute to have luck on your side. Hail and victory to you< <B>kiwi_2005 </B>best of luck and happy hunting on your patrol!. <B> Kpt.Lehmann,</B> I don’t mind the negative stuff too much, I have dished out plenty of it myself at times .But I would be lying if I did not say that I prefer your type of comment. I am glad you or anyone else has enjoyed seeing what U-49 was doing…..<B> redstorm101 and vienna</B>, I did not add red bulbs to lamps or hang food stores from the ceiling. But I did increase the amount of fish I ate. While doing the sailing, I would eat fish at least four out of seven days. Mostly fish imported from Germany. <B> Crazy_Canuck</B>Welcome aboard subsim, this is a very gute site with some friendly and helpful posters. Thanks for the kind words too, it is certainly nice to read that you have enjoyed checking out the Bdu logs, so far. And since you have done real time flying, you might like SH3, it has a pace and tempo all its own. The lulls make the hunting, just that much more thrilling. I would recommend the game, even with its low resolution and no war time recreation feel, out of the box the game is a bit plain, but with a few mods, it is more well rounded.
?
? But if you want a great , make that a <B> frikken</B> great game buy, Chronicles of Riddick. I have been playing it for a week now and it is the most fun I have had playing a game since Far Cry. COR has got to be one the best game out right now,and it is over a year old too I think. I picked up a UK DVD-ROM import for 15U.S. Dollars from gogamer. I never heard of it but for 15 bucks I thought I would take a chance, best 15 dollars I have spent on a game in a long time! It is not just the killer sonic and hyper realistic image quality that is impressive. The game play over the past seven days has been top of the line. It is a game with countless small details, balanced and engaging game play, plus it is fun! Well as we say in Butchers Bay, “got any smokes?” ….Have a gute sail if you are a skipper, or gute getta away if you are in Butchers Bay < Wrratt
jason10mm

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean "Escape from Butchers Bay", right? It is a fun game, though I disliked how they changed the way Riddick got his "eye shine". All those cigarette packs collected for nuthin'....
hakkikt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vienna wrote:
From "Das Boot", Cassell Paperback Edition (1999), English translation; page 258:

“No one at home will believe it,” the Chief remarks. “They simply can’t imagine it. On our next leave we ought to invent a U-boat game. Go without shaving or washing for months. No change of linen, into bed with boots and stinking leather clothes on. Brace your knee against the table while eating, and instead of serving spinach on a plate, plop it down on the table top…”
The Chief gulps a couple of mouthfuls and goes on elaborating his plan. “And if the telephone rings, yell ‘Alarm!’ like a madman, knock over the table, and rush for the door like greased lightning.”

Has it gone this far yet?

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ship/docs/simlife.htm
Captain Norman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I first read about this guy in the latest issue of PC Gamer, and so I had to check it out. Im glad I did, and so I salute you on behalf of the 7th Flotilla.
Hans Paschke

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was very impresed when I read this story in PC Gamer....He´s really U-boot kaleun Thumbs Up
Skubber

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wraatt, I enjoyed reading about your exploits in PC Gamer, but even more I have enjoyed reading your logs here.

I, too, like to 'personalize' my AI shipmates. I am concerned about Johan, for instance. He is, by now, a highly decorated officer and deserves his own command. He hasn't said anything to me, but sometimes there is a certain unsettling look in his eyes, as if he were wishing for something more.

But as the U-48 is my first command, I am secretly afraid to carry on patrolling without Johan's infatiguable, strong presence at the weapons station. I know it isn't fair, but I think I'm going to keep him there as long as BDU will let me ....
Twitchy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrratt you inspired me to get this game after seeing the article in PC gamer. Tell me a few things.
Where do you get this expansion pack?
You're not on 100% realism, are you?
And do you leave the game running 24/7?
What do your friends think of this?

If you answered any of these questions already, sorry, I just copied and pasted everything youve written in this thread to a word file and it came out to 123 pages. Xcuse me if I dont read it all. Wink
Kissaki

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this is the case on all systems, or if some mods do something about it, but I've found that even at x1 TC a game minute is still shorter than a real minute - by as much as 9-12 seconds, as I recall.
Redfoot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that i've got the hang of manually firing and what not, this thread has inspired me to do a non-compression, 100% realism, IIA boats-only campaign next. Very Happy
Twitchy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrratt is dead! His sub got blown up so jumped into the sea and shot himself! HARDCORE!
kanderstag

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's probably checking out every nook and cranny in Quake 4. Or he's discovered the pron sites and won't be back until he finishes a litre of petroleum jelly. :/\k:
Drebbel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R.I.P. Wrratt Crying or Very sad
Gizzmoe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: