Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Ahoy-no Time Compression-Expansion Pack-May1940
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wrratt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Ahoy-no Time Compression-Expansion Pack-May1940 Reply with quote

I did my first career patrol with no TC, and it was a truly grueling affair. A six-day patrol took me eight days, it took me two days to reach grid AN 81, leaving from Wilhelmshaven. I would let the boat run all day n night but the crew where total slackers. They could not do a four-hour shift with eight hours rest. So during my sleep I would be awaken to a German telling me "not enough crew in disel". On the 3rd afternoon we sunk our first ship grid AN81 a small merchant.
 On our fourth night we started heading SSE and had finished our 24hrs of patrol. Late that evening I was awoken to find a C2 we moved into position and fired tubes 1 and two at about 650m to his port side both where set a surface run impact only. Two hits but no sinking he was dead in the water.. We pulled away 1700m to surface n watch if it sinks.
 I went back to bed and checked two hours later the crew was all a fluster. , a bunch of land lovers. Any way we fired a 3rd at 700m and sunk it, ..And so it went like that four the rest of the week....
 Thank goodness for the vitamin mod!!!...My crew is now able to work instead of sleeping all day..
 We are on our fifth patrol V11B..Heading to grid AN47 just entered grid AN96 with 973km to go ETA 40 plus hours at ahead standard 13knts.
 Now if you are still reading this post you might be asking well what is this guys point??? No real point I guess I just have lots of time to use while my boot and crew sail on.. My gaming box is not this one I am posting with., so since about 2pm ESDST we been sailing. And all weekend I will let the game run, except for about 7hours on Saturday when I will save and have to leave( of course I save each hour just in case, but so far not one crash ,Knock on wood". Well its just about time for me to hit the mess hall.. Thanks for reading. and well ,I will try to be so boring in my next post. Hopefully it will be a battle report...oh by the way, thank goodness for the Constellations being in the night sky...with no time compression u can stand at watch and learn more then just the big n little dipper...Ahoy! and smooth sailing to ya mate .

Last edited by Wrratt on Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:37 pm; edited 4 times in total
Gizzmoe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Ahoy...2nd patrol no Time Compression Reply with quote

You are f*cking crazy, man! Wink

Truly hardcore stuff...

Gizzmoe
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Achtung Englander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrratt you are either

a) unemployed
b) a student
c) mad
HEMISENT

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wratt
very hard core-my hat's off to you...i think. Surprised
what do you do in the middle of the night and ship is located-how does the computer wake you up?
Drebbel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Ahoy...2nd patrol no Time Compression Reply with quote

Wrratt wrote:
I did my first career patrol with no TC

Yep, running SHIII on a ZX Spectrum does have its disadvantages !
Capn Tucker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose you haven't bathed in a couple of weeks either, and have bananas and sausages hanging from your living room ceiling? Razz
Ignatz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's so hardcore, if his sub goes down with all hands, I bet he drowns himself in his bathtub! :huh:
lesrae

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a nutter - nice one mate Thumbs Up
Heibges

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A six day patrol? That's weak. Comeback when you've done an 8 week patrol. Smile
Kptlt-Lynch

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the club Thumbs Up
Farside

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck mate, happy hunting, se you in 7 days or so.
Wrratt

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy is a fair statement. I played quake2 16hrs nonstop a few years ago...I work as a Rural Carrier ;go in to work at 6 home by 1 or so...Im single and own my own home so I can use my time as I like so wth mite as well sail a U boat for fun...Plus our U-47 has a top secert shower n shaving,keep it hush hush though....Well on to my log...U-47 Jan 14 1940...1:50 ahead slow ...2:30 WO reports ship bearing 006, we send report and sail on...4:19 gave order ahead standard...4:55 enter grid AN96 heading NNW...5:11 NA range to end 950km .time to end 38hrs,max range at (AS)8902km...time for shift changes soon and the Capn needs a shower n some coffe...Ahoy

Last edited by Wrratt on Mon May 16, 2005 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Crisler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrratt, I applaud your dedication to the game and your desire to get the most from it, but I suggest you start looking for a girlfriend Smile
Wrratt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

 Update and correction…My VIIB U-Boot is U-49, not U-47 that’s Gunther Prien’s Boot, the<I>“ Bull of Scapa flow”</I>.My boot was built 1938-1939,by Krupp Germania Werft, Keil…it is one of 24 units, U-45 through U-55 and U-99 through U-102,(except U-69 and U-72) Builder: Veg. Vulcan, Bremen, 1938-1940 made U-83 through U-87.
 Log. Update …Jan 14, 1940, 7:30 weather report, clouds clear, precipitation nil, fog nil, wind speed 5knts direction 0 degrees … Log update 21:16, 550 km to grid AN47, gave order ahead full. Planning on running till 75% fuel level or reaching our patrol grid.
 Log update Jan 15, 1940, at 1:50, which is 24 hours since leaving our pen at Wilhelmshaven, we have traveled 553 km as the crow flies from our home port. We have 432km to reach grid AN47, estimated time of arrival is approximately 15 hours… This first patrol (5th overall) in my new VIIB is vastly better then my old type II (which I used in my past four patrols)…The improved speed and fuel load has made for a fast 24 hours sailing. I shall endeavor to make the most of my extra tubes and “eels” once nearing enemy territory .
 The “Vitamin mod” has made my job as Skipper much less taxing then my first no TC patrol. I went to sleep last night around 10 p.m. ESDST. Woke up around 1:15 or so no crew were red yet, but rotated crew and went to back sleep. I woke up at 06:00 shut down the game for a few hours. Restarted sailing around 2pm ESDST, perhaps early Sunday morning most definitely Sunday afternoon, we will began our patrol and hunt.
 I gave our first time crew men the ole’ "<b> how merchant ships do more damage then a man-o-war ship, to our armies because the supplies the merchants have are the life blood of our enemy”, “that our blockade will work, and Britain will lose this battle in the Atlantic</B>” , speech. Needless to say they are very enthusiastic for our mission, we are all volunteers, the officers are all career Naval men and the mates are working most vigorously the past 24 hours.
 Today’s sailing was calm and uneventful…Lets hope our next 24 hours are fruitful and soon some tonnage will be unusable…We shall try not to dwell on the merchantmen who will die, by explosion, drowning, caught in raging fires or trapped below deck as the ship goes under. Back at their homes in England or Ireland soon the new widows and orphans who will be grieving!
 …Ahoy, Wrratt…PS, Have any of you skippers scouted the Firth of Fourth or Hartlepool for targets of opportunity after my 24-hour patrol is finished.

Last edited by Wrratt on Tue May 17, 2005 4:48 pm; edited 3 times in total
Seminole

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still wondering how you will cope.... if say.... you invest such an enormous time and effort getting deep into a campaign...only to see a must have patch released.....that isn't compatible with saved campaigns.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: