Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Ahoy-no Time Compression-Expansion Pack-May1940
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elanaiba

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great posts! Keep them coming, and take care of the boat!

Dan
Cpt_Sponge

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahoy Wrrat

Thank yoou for the updates! you make me want to take leave from work! i wish i had the time to do the same.

i REALLY njoy reading your updates, keep it up and good luck.

and say hi to all your shipmates!
Dan D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrratt wrote:
a joke, ” Was ist braun und klingt wie eine Glocke?”……………….”Dung!”……

That is a neat little joke Joking and it works both in German and English
because "dung" in English is the same as in German:

"What is brown and sounds like a bell?"

"Dung!!!".

Nice punchline Smile
cali03boss

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea 6 days? My last patrol on 1x TC was over a week and a half
*[FOX]* Bort

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just CRAZY!!! Rotfl What is wrong with you guys?!?!?! :hmm: jk Great posts really guys, keep 'em coming! Although I think it is kinda cool you guys are doing these things, I was just wondering, WHAT DO YOU DO BESIDES SHIII?!?! I mean, do you have a job or is this ALL you do?
DeepSix

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wink
Pentallion

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
so during my sleep I would be awaken to a German telling me "not enough crew in disel"

Curious how you get awakened when the messages don't come up with any noises to alert you to them, just printed messages?
Wrratt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ï‚·ï‚· Jan 17, 1940. At 23: 38 Fritz reported that the battery was fully recharged…We plot a course due east across southern edge of Grid AN59, ahead slow and I go to my cubbyhole desk and make a few notes before going to sleep. Jan 18, 1940 00:31 Offizier der Uhr shouted ‘<I>Schiff stationierte...<B>aufwachen oben</B></I>â€â€¦ “<I><B>wachen Sie auf! das Schiff kommt nahe</I></B>!â€â€¦
 I rush through the command room and climbed up the ladder into the cold night air, on the bridge. Arend reports that its bearing is 066…I am sleepy and cant see anything out there. I can’t make up my mind as what we should do.
ï‚· 00:32 all stop. 00:32 ahead slow.
 00:32 all stop .00:32 ahead slow...00.33 dive to 12 meters, ahead slow…I check the hydrophone myself, a warship…all stop and I go to the command room and up the observation scope…I cant see much.
 00:34 a Hunt 1 passed us heading east to west parallel to our course, our port side…I order full stop, down scope.. We will sit still for a while, after the Hunt 1 was well past, I returned to sleep

ï‚· Jan 18,1940.4:40 .I awake and order ahead slow and surface the boot, the crew is rotated. We check the navigation charts and adjust our course slightly.
 (<b>notes not include in the ships log</B>) I went up on the deck around 5:35 to clear my ears of the hydrophone coma (<I>is very much like the famous Bob Ross coma,</I>) I was in…and smoke a pipe on the deck casing. Looking out over the slim bow cutting effortlessly through the darkened sea. An image came to mind of the Old Norse Wikings and their seafaring ways. Our boot would look good with a sea serpents head made of steel and horns sharp as dragon’s teeth. Ready to rip asunder any ship who would dare cross our bow…. Of course 40 Knots and 50000 more tons of mass would be needed to give it the old Cap’n Nemo treatment. Later I wonder why our surface fleet does not board and capture the ships and confiscate the goods?
ï‚· Jan 18,1940 A very slow day only sound contact was at 8:34 I could hear a faint sound at 310 degrees. We plot a course towards the sound, ahead full, we want to see it before the sun comes over the horizon.
 8:43 we can see the smoke of a ships boiler. Crew is assembled in the forward torpedo room. WO reports ship at 350 and closing. Looks like a merchant through my binoculars. The Uzo shows me it’s a small merchant…but when I check our navigation map I see a green ship, so it’s a no go on an attack. We turn 180 degrees to show as slim as a profile in the water and we slowly move ahead, 20 later minutes we returned to our previous plotted course. Beginning a fruitless day of sailing and sound checks in Grid AN81. I feel, <I>der Gott des Krieges lacht an uns dieser Tag</I>. (the god of war laughs at us this day).
ï‚· Jan 18,1940 I wake after an uninterrupted nights rest..
 At 19:54 I get a solid sound contact at bearing 003…we check on it and it is a small merchant red icon on my map…We get into an intercept course.
 20:14 WE fires tube two and one…
 20:15 45 seconds later the We reports impact…I watch it blow up and sink but the WE does not report unit destroyed and there is no Log entry and no sunken ship icon.? Now I have to figure is this just a one-time deal, or has this happened before and I am unaware of this bug? My last save was before I went to sleep last night…Well have a good day hunting…Ahoy Wrratt

...Thanks whitewolf for sparing U-59 Im U-49... Pent...if you let the crew get to tired they stop working and the CE will verbably alert you that" there is not enough crew ..."...same thing about the choice screen, The times I have been alerted away from the monitor the Watch officer calls out...I think even when u are there at the monitor and the "choice screen " comes up if you wait the WO will verbably alert you .

Last edited by Wrratt on Mon May 16, 2005 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Crow

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carefull , buddy

Its my impression that the choise pop up only apears in calm seas i.e. when you are able to engage with Deck gun

in rough seas i never have the pop up
LuisCamoes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol hope you dont start delivering mail with your ritterkruze and fulll dress uniform, thatll cause a bit of a stir, anyways, BRILLIANT!
Wrratt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ï‚· Before I went to work this morning (April 15 2005), I decided to save the patrol as it is, no real sense if there is no Time Compression then there should be no Dr. Who type Reverse Time travel…So I will have to wait and see what happens with the next ship. The game has run great up till the ship that’s sunk but no kill… SH3 ran nonstop for over 36 hours (last weekend) and it has never crashed in the three weeks I have played it. If I can believe the FPS it is running at 170fps (darn, why cant UT2004 run at 170fps)…So having this one glitch is a “<B>Enttäuschung</b>â€, Me n the crew must keep on keeping on, and I will try not to forget what “<I>blinder Haß</i>†stole from us.
ï‚· And to give credit where its due, the what’s brown…joke was said by Eric Idle (MPFC) as Arthur Name , “name by name, but not by choiceâ€.
ï‚· And why is it that nobody remembers the name of the wundervoller Deutscher, <b><I>Johann Gambolputty de von Ausfern-schplenden-schlitter-crasscrenbon-fried-digger-dangle-dongle- dungle-burstein-von-knacker-thrasher-apple-banger-horowitz-ticolensic-grander-knotty-spelltinkle-grandlich-grumblemeyer-spelterwasser-kurstlich-himbleen-bahnwagen-luber-hundsfut-gumberaber-shonedanker-kalbsfleisch-mittler-aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm </I></B>?
ï˜Log.Jan 18, 1940 2250 We are patrolling Grid AN84. Have been actively using hydrophone all is still…Where have all the ships gone? Long time passing!…Ahoy, Wrratt…ps thanks for the warnings about planes I will be more careful ,and I hope to try to avoid the destroyer class, untill I see a convoy. Now if I spy a battleship then we must try for a kill. Best of luck to all you <I>Kapitanleutanant’s</I> this weekend

[yea 6 days? My last patrol on 1x TC was over a week and a half]I know now that this will be many more days, I still have 8 fish and oddles of cannon ammo.........Luis, thats a good idea,our office is small enough to be a sub,and I would like to have a better logo on the side of the delivery truck, an eagle is nice but I would like a black skull with flames ...Ahoy[/quote]

Last edited by Wrratt on Mon May 16, 2005 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wrratt

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

 Log Jan 19,1940. 13:48.U-49 has been actively patrolling, I have been standing watch myself and stopping every twenty minutes so I can man the hydrophone. We spent most of yesterday in Grid AN 84. Last night and today we are actively patrolling Grid AN 87 all is calm. We are heading SSW towards ‘der kanal’ and plan on patrolling Grid BF 33,32,31.We are about 70% diesel fuel remaining. While we are patrolling we are sailing slow,or 1/3, to make our fuel load last as long as possible. We hope to sail past the Dover area at night, giving us the cover of darkness, as protection from any British areoplanes…I am reading the more experienced Kapitanleutants logs, after action reports, and learning a great deal. I wish I could write as well as they(you) do, and use the proper sailing lingo n’ jargon. Your adventures with DD’s, sinking tonnage are always dramatic. Whereas this journey has been very atypical of the slow pace of the below average patrol. The whole crew is working day and night for the vaterland. But alas, our results so far are even worse than we did in our type II.
 Guten Tag , und glattes seglen ! Ahoy,Wrratt..ps I will send the next communication to when there is actually something to report other then open seas…and in the catagory that..... “There Are No Dumb Questions; Only Dumb People”, How do you guys put a quote in the “box” when you want to highlight someone else’s reply on the board here?
yankee-V

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the "quote" feature on the other person's post. You can edit the verbiage in between the actual "[quote]" tags .

Then make sure you uncheck the boxes that say Disable HTML in this post and Disable BBCode in this post.
Fehler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrratt,

Please keep up the logs! I am thoroughly enjoying it. I have been away from sub sims for a few years now whilst I flew against Russia in my trusty Focke Wulf. And, as of yet, I havent picked up a copy of SH3, but plan to this weekend! (Just when I thought my time was extremely limited, now I have to find even more to enjoy this fine sim!! - Agony!)

(BTW, great to see some of the old old familiar names, and special greets to Neal, havent said Hello in 3 years now, sorry!)

And besides great reading, this also helps me pass the time while I am at work! Smile

Thanks again for a great read!
Pentallion

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrratt wrote:
 Pent...if you let the crew get to tired they stop working and the CE will verbably alert you that" there is not enough crew ..."...same thing about the choice screen, The times I have been alerted away from the monitor the Watch officer calls out...I think even when u are there at the monitor and the "choice screen " comes up if you wait the WO will verbably alert you .

Odd, in my game they don't say a thing out loud. The message about not enough crew runs on the screen but there's no verbal message accompanying it. There's no way to know if they've said there's not enough crew if you aren't reading it on the monitor.

I've read others complain about this too. They want some noise or something to alert you to some of the things being said on the monitor. I know they say some things out loud, but since reading this post, I checked and sure enough, they don't say a thing about there not being enough crew out loud. Really annoying when you just sit there and don't realize right away that you're not moving because you don't immediately see the message and they didn't say anything.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 3 of 14

Jump to: