Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

TAPNB

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thor98

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:38 am    Post subject: TAPNB Reply with quote

I currently running SC with SCX IIc.
I was running the Arctic Hide and Seek mission to try and test
the TAPNB detection ranges and I never gain PNB contact on the
TYPHOON. I turned truth on (and cheated) and drove to 2K yds, put him on the beam and still no PNB, only PBB. Damn

So what detection ranges has anyone seen for TYPHOON's on the 29, and 23? I know you should get PNB way before PBB.
Kapitan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i dont know but i can give you a tip try to get close to it about 2,ooo yards is good then fire personaly i just use normal sonar but becarful your not shooting an ice burg

the typhoons were designed to be unditectable while under the ice because the ice flows keep changeing and the sub being very shallow and slow means it is very hard to detect because of the background noise

the size of the thing helps too i creates a vortex sort of thing which means it pushes water forward up and then over the bow not in many subs straight over this elliminates eddies on the upper dect where the missile hatchs are (water going over that area makes a lot of noise)

the only other submarine to use this great natural phenomanon is the oscar class.

what im gunna say is try to get in behind him but before you come closer than 10nmi open your outer doors incase he hears them opening then you have a better chance of getting a kill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I was getting at is it is unrealistic for a type VI to have the first contact you gain on them to be broadband. I agree that broadband contact should be in the 2k range but NB tonals propagate for a long way. If we can only detect a Typhoon at 2k yds the only way you'd find a type VI is dumb blind luck Damn

NB tonals can be heard even with significant background noice because they're discrete, just like you can focus on a specific voice or sound, like the ref's whistle. So therefore the noise of the pumps, TG's and other steady state pumps should be easily detectable on the TA, unless the Russians have made a quantum jump in sound silencing past what they got from Walker. Damn

So what has everbody else found for NB detection ranges on Type VI's in SC? Does the game set NB ranges to the same as BB?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
What I was getting at is it is unrealistic for a type VI to have the first contact you gain on them to be broadband. I agree that broadband contact should be in the 2k range but NB tonals propagate for a long way. If we can only detect a Typhoon at 2k yds the only way you'd find a type VI is dumb blind luck Damn

NB tonals can be heard even with significant background noice because they're discrete, just like you can focus on a specific voice or sound, like the ref's whistle. So therefore the noise of the pumps, TG's and other steady state pumps should be easily detectable on the TA, unless the Russians have made a quantum jump in sound silencing past what they got from Walker. Damn

So what has everbody else found for NB detection ranges on Type VI's in SC? Does the game set NB ranges to the same as BB?

Opps forgot to sign in first
Kapitan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes the russians have made a quantem leap and epanded thier knowlage with the help of friends and enamys. since 1999 the typhoons if you noticed were all out of service they were being fitted with some "special equipment"

the delta IV ssbn is 13% quieter than the typhoon 65db but it has to be that quiet because it is designed for open ocean oparations not like the typhoons which thier field is under ice

the borey class is a big step the achostic signature of a borey is very close to that of an ohio Surprised and this i can state as a fact

as of 2010 the typhoon are shedualed to be decomissioned
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: