Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Enigma sequel on the way
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> ENIGMA: Rising Tide
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Enigma sequel on the way Reply with quote

http://www.cgonline.com/content/view/665/2/

Quote:
Computer Games Magazine has learned that developer Tesseraction Games is working on the next stand alone game in their alternate history naval war-action game series Enigma: Rising Tide.
According to what Tesseraction Games's president Kelly Asay told us via phone this afternoon, the new game will be titled Engima Rising Tide: Sink The Hood. The game's single player campaign takes up right after the first game ends and Asay says the game's length could be longer than first. New ships such as battleships will be introduced in Sink The Hook and the game itself will get a graphical update along with a mission generator.

The biggest addition to this new game compared to the orginal is multiplayer support via LAN and the Internet. While Asay said Tesseraction is still planning to release the long promised MMO version of Engima, Sink The Hood will be more conventional in terms of its multiplayer scope with between 12 and 14 players able to fight each other in free-for-all modes. Asay also said they plan to have full co-op support where players will fight AI enemies in missions. The scheduled release date for Sink The Hood is around August-September, according to Asay. We hope to have more info on Engima Rising Tide: Sink The Hood in the coming months.

AdamWarren

Location: The same as the last 23 hours... staring at the monitor TN, USA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rock Rock Rock Rock
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Terror~of~the~seas

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering that the original Enigma: Rising Tide, in all of its pre-release hype, company advertisements, box art, and even "imbedded" adverts which appear during installation, so adamantly claimed itself to be among the very grandest of MMOG's, I have to wonder whether there will be any (let alone, enough) trust left amongst the original Enigma community to take the claims of Enigma #2 seriously - even if it is a well designed, multiplayer game in and of itself - and make it the success #1 should have been. Many will argue the number of registered users on warfleet.net, but for all Tesseraction can really know - many of those gave up hope ~long~ ago.
EAST

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

250,000 units sold worldwide to the best of our information.

We showed Enigma lan multiplayer last March btw. It's not vaporware.

If they give up hope then they give up hope. We can only do what we can do. We aren't Ubisoft.
Terror~of~the~seas

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Vaporware" ha ha... never heard that before... but in a sense, I suppose that's got to be another form of "freeware" he he

Personally... I hope they 'haven't' given up... I merely worry that some 'might'.
Jesper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many have given up or just put ERT on hold till the MMOG, Im sure that all those that has stashed away their ERT CD will be searching high and low for it when MMOG goes live, and those that sold their CD will be put to shame Very Happy
I can fully understand that people either stashed away the CD or sold it, cause it has been years since MMOP was supposed to be out, but most just dont know the reasons to the delay(s), usually they dont read previous posts, they just email or registers on forums to complain, that isnt something that encourages TAG to go on, If TAG was UBIsoft the MMOG would have been done years ago, but they arent. TAG is a very small studio, only counting a handful of employees, not 1000 hands like the big co's. On the other side YOU have never seen a development studio that is as dedicated to their player-base as TAG,, Kelly 'East" Asay' is the President of TAG, how many of those have you encountered on a public forum, giving full support, taking player suggestions into mind and actually uses them, and credits the player for the suggestion/bug fix/etc?

Most people cant see the difference between a small studio like TAG and big corps like UBI and Strategy First, Iif they cant they shouldnt get invovled in such "small" matters, Myself I have been waiting about 4 years for ERT-MMOG, I dont play the single player game anymore, simply cause I find it too easy, but TAG still has my full support, where as other just stashes their CD away, there is a handfull of us "dedicated" ones that continues to show our support even that we dont play.

Some people thinks that MMOG is allready ready, I dont know where they got that idea from, as far as I know you cant find it on print anywhere.

Some people reads "MMOG is on the way" the only problem with them is that they expect to see it "yesterday" and if its not ready the day after tomorrow then they leave with some stupid remark about TAG doesnt keep their promises, but I tell you that I have never seen East/TAG run from a promise, it might take awhile before they fulfill it, but there is reasons for that, they just have to hang in there, show their support. There is noting better for developers than to get appreciation emails, you can mail yours to support@warfleet.net, words of appreciation always makes the devs mood raise 112%.

If people would open their eyes they would notice that George Bush also promised to capture Osama Bin Laden, (this was also in 2001) Did he break his promise? No!..He just didnt fulfill it yet!

The day that TAG goes out of business then people can start blaiming them for broken promises, but not a day before.

In the end, keep up the faith for TAG, a small studio that tries their best to please everyone. Smile

If you need a game to play while waiting, then go try Jagged Alliance 2. (yeps its not a naval game, cant advertise for competing games here)! Wink
Terror~of~the~seas

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... if it is any consolation, East has one up on Bush in my books - in that, I expect, he actually intends to and will fulfill his promises... eventually. Fictional terrorist figure-heads, on the other hand, are rather hard to ring in (while I understand that Bin laden is a real person, I have always doubted whether he truly had the power... was as much, the terrorist 'mastermind' as the U.S. media and administration made him out to be. Even if he disappeared, I have to believe, the 'culture' of anti-Americanism so ramped in the world of today... the 'real' instigator of such terrorism as Bin laden's... would still be ramped).

Last edited by Terror~of~the~seas on Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jesper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL just as me, I also thinks OBL is a fictive person made by the US Gov to defend their actions Very Happy
Terror~of~the~seas

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CONSPIRACY... I knew it... !!!

Hehe... but on a serious note, won't multi-play appear in the coming chapters? I did not know that ERT (chapter 1) was even 'planned' to become multi-player.
Jesper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ERT was originally made for MMOG only, Single Player (Ch.1) was to raise funds. Ch.2 will also be to raise funds, but it will include LAN MP (up to 12 players is the last I heard).
Terror~of~the~seas

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... so... which chapter is expected to have the first true MMOG capability? Also, will new chapters feature the same controllable units of the previous chapters, in 'addition' those made for each new chapter?
Jesper

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No chapters will have MMOG, the MMOG client will be a seperate release, ofcourse smaller for people that allready owns a retail or gold version or probably also chapter2/3/4 or how many there will be.
Terror~of~the~seas

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah ha... I get it... now, I don't feel "completely" stupid... just "mostly"... I think...
Sarge4109

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EAST wrote:
250,000 units sold worldwide to the best of our information.

We showed Enigma lan multiplayer last March btw. It's not vaporware.

If they give up hope then they give up hope. We can only do what we can do. We aren't Ubisoft.

Is there a video of this? Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
darksythe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

didnt know ne played this game ne more i bought it when it first came out and shelved it very soon after due to its arcadishness and lack of any hope for multiplayer sure hope they get the next one right
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> ENIGMA: Rising Tide All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: