Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Aircraft with Launch Time

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> DW Mission Designers' Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timmyg00

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:47 am    Post subject: Aircraft with Launch Time Reply with quote

Has anyone tried this? If so, do you have any tips? The manual contains scant information on how to use it... I have tried it, and have not been able to get it to work.

I have a very clunky workaround, but it's not really acceptable for gameplay in certain situations.

TG
Bill Nichols

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried this, and it works. Can't say I have any tips, except that the 'launch time' is when the aircraft begins to taxi to the end of the runway (if you're launching from a land base), so it doesn't take off exactly on time.

There also might be a problem when the runway/launch pad isn't clear -- I seem to recall trying to have a helo with launch time, on a frigate that had a helo on 5-minute alert. The launch never happened because the 'launching' helo couldn't get out of the hanger (the on-deck helo was in the way).

What, exactly, are you trying to do that isn't working?
timmyg00

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to launch a 747 from an airport. It's the only aircraft that uses this airport, so it can't be congestion. Maybe it's a case of how long it takes to taxi out to the runway?? If so... that must be one loooong taxi... i may try testing that again tonight.

One thing not well-explained in the manual is the time format for launch time. Is it HH:MM:SS or DD:HH:MM? I tried every combination I could think of to get the aircraft to launch 3 minutes after the mission starts (which I set at 22:00).

So i have an airport with one aircraft;
- add inflight aircraft (747)
- set it to "aircraft with launch time" (tried 22:03:00, 00:22:03, 00:00:03, 00:03:00)
- aircraft never took off at 22:03 mission time (3 minutes elapsed from start).

TG
OneShot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The times are DD:HH:MM ...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
timmyg00

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OneShot wrote:
The times are DD:HH:MM ...
Thanks. So I believe I was correct when I set the launch time to 00:22:03 to make the plane launch at 22:03 mission time.

I waited 20 minutes for that thing to lift off, and it never did.

TG
timmyg00

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another thought: Is it, perhaps, only possible to launch military aircraft using the Launch Time, while the civilian aircraft have to use the Corridor option?

TG
XabbaRus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea that is one thing that I have been wondering about

If you set a time an aircraft is supposed to take off or for a goal to become active is it "Mission Time" ie mission starts at 22:00 you want a goal to or aircraft to launch at 22:05 do you type in 00:00:05 or 00:22:05 or just 05.

I ask as in SC it seemed to differ depending on what it was you wanted to do..

I personally think it should be based on mission start time. Would make it a hell of a lot easier for setting up timings.
timmyg00

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i got things figured out... seems i'm not much of an airport planner Rotfl

I placed the airport in an area surrounded by more level ground than the previous attempt, and pointed the runway with plenty of level ground (or water) in front of it to give the planes enough room to take off. Works for military and civilian planes.

As far as the launch time, it's set in mission time. For a mission that starts at 22:00, setting "00:22:03" makes the plane begin to taxi at 22:03.

TG
Molon Labe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is this 'aircraft with lauch time?'

I've been trying to do the same thing, with an automatic trigger attached to a script that launches the aircraft, but it's not working. Sounds like there's an easier way I missed...
OneShot

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there are two ways depending on what you want to accomplish. One is to use an attached Trigger and set times, the other would be Right Click on the OHP for example (or Airport or whatever can launch Aircraft) and select Flight Schedule, then put them on 5/15/30 Minute Alert ...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Molon Labe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OneShot wrote:
Well, there are two ways depending on what you want to accomplish. One is to use an attached Trigger and set times, the other would be Right Click on the OHP for example (or Airport or whatever can launch Aircraft) and select Flight Schedule, then put them on 5/15/30 Minute Alert ...

Attached goals are limited to kill, destination, approach, and relative position. I need an automatic/timed.

Will putting an aircraft on alert cause it to be launched?
OneShot

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, yes you are right, attached Triggers dont offer that what you want.

Flight Schedule only means that for example if you use a OHP (AI) in game when you set its Helo to 5 Min Alert, it will be on Deck from start and can be launched within 5 Minutes.

Now to start an aircraft from an Airport for example you need to create the Airport with X number of aircraft on it. Then you need to create a Trigger (Event) set to Automatic and the Time after you want it taxi (not launch). Add a script with the Script Language Command LAUNCHFROM "Airport" - "Aircraft Y" ...

Cheers
Molon Labe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crap. That's exactly what I did.
timmyg00

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Molon Labe wrote:
Where is this 'aircraft with lauch time?'

I've been trying to do the same thing, with an automatic trigger attached to a script that launches the aircraft, but it's not working. Sounds like there's an easier way I missed...
Easier way is just to "add inflight aircraft" from page 3 of the airport properties. Once you've added the aircraft, on page 3 of its properties, you'll see "aircraft with launch time". Time format is DD:HH:MM.

TG
Pigfish

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello. Has anyone tried "refresh station" for aircraft? Does it work in DW?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> DW Mission Designers' Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: