Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Right. Hit the bottom.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rosencrantz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Right. Hit the bottom. Reply with quote

I'm still on my first patrol of new career, on oparea AN81 (very shallow waters). 7 days wind has been blowing with full power and now then it happend: While in submerged waves took the boat and we went down 10+ meters pretty fast and hit the bottom. Lots of minor damaged. So that's enough. I surfaced after collison and started to make it back to port. Not sure how much damage we got so better to travel back and take a look. :shifty:

Just one question: Is it possible to adjust minimum time for recovery to be at least 5 minutes? You know... In real life it takes at least a minute to get even your tools availible, while in SHIII these guyes can handle the hole problem in that time. NOT very realistic IMHO.

-RC-
Frenssen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hit the bottom east of England. My LI and the repair crew worked desperately but the boat was lost to flooding and we all died Mad
kenijaru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frenssen wrote:
we all died Mad

and you came back from death to sink more convoys as some sort of unterseeghost? Neutral\
Khayman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In an exciting foray into Scapa Flow in my XXI, I was doing a quick snort in a side channel to refresh the air before I braved the warships and got out. I brushed the bottom at 3 knots and took heavy damage. The worst was that I could no longer lower the snort. There was no way I could creep out with the damn thing stuck upright and the water too shallow to cover it. End of a glittering career.

Anyway. Maybe you have the realistic damage repair time option unchecked in the realism settings?
Rosencrantz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khayman wrote:
Quote:
The worst was that I could no longer lower the snort. There was no way I could creep out with the damn thing stuck upright and the water too shallow to cover it.

Sorry, but... Rotfl Rotfl Rotfl

And no, I have the realistic damage repair time checked. Definetly. I'm 100% guy (exept ext. camera).
Khayman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rosencrantz wrote:

Sorry, but... Rotfl Rotfl Rotfl

I found it funny as well, only later though Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: