Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

SH3 Tech and Troubleshooting Index
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elite_hunter_sh3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: updated sh3 ati radeon 9200 problems Reply with quote

hi i bought sh3 a couple of months ago i just updated my drivers and installed the game and the game version was 1.1 the game ran perfectly fine then i decided to update i updated it to 1.4b and when i run the game the video plays then the load screen pops up when the load screen finishes the game exits and my computer goes back to the desktop how can i fix this so i can play online
VegaBond

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone get BSOD after game exit?
Drebbel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BSOD as in B*ll Sh*t On Delevery ?
Mustang

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As in,
Blue Screen of Death(The Defualt Protection Error screen windows OSs' give when they have a *usually* unrecoverable crash until it is forced into a Cold Boot.)

I have an odd problem, I have an ATI gfx card. It can't run SH3 on the surface but it does great when submerged I think it is because the sea surface uses a higher shader and my Radeon 7500 is old it has 128 ddr and a 1,5ghz oricessor with 512 ddr.

Anywho, when I came online one day my comp told me to update to DirectX9.0c December Release. So I did, after this it informed me my Catalyst(ATI's Driver suite) needed to be updated. After doing both MY SH3 won't load! Sad

It goes to the CD Checker when it passes that, nothing. I thought it was just taking its time but I waited hours and it never took hours before and still nothing. It is like after CD Check the process is terminated. I'm noticing the new drivers are doing that alot with my games. What is the deal, anyone know how I can fix this?

Mustang
Gizzmoe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mustang, delete or rename both wmv video files in data\movies\intro, that should fix the problem.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Mustang

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay,
I deleted both and it was still a no-go so I uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted and now SH3 keeps telling me about an exception error with this info,

Code:
AppName: sh3.exe    AppVer: 1.4.0.1    ModName: msctf.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180    Offset: 00030c9a

I tried to get the detailed report but it was huge and wouldn't allow me to C'n'P it.

the error seems to come from the Detection tool, now everytime I install SH3 it dosn't ask me for my CD-Key and it dosn't ask me to reboot anymore.
Gizzmoe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mustang wrote:
now everytime I install SH3 it dosn't ask me for my CD-Key and it dosn't ask me to reboot anymore.

That´s more or less a feature, not a bug. The uninstaller doesn´t remove Starforce. If the protection system is broken it could help to remove the Starforce driver with this tool:
http://onlinesecurity-on.com/downloads/sfdrvrem.zip

Then reboot your system, start SH3, it then reinstalls SF.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Mustang

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done and done,
now we pass the first grey screen with a white loading bar but when it goes to the small banner like load bar with the games cover art on it with a blue load bar, before it can even try to load the blue it crashes.
Gizzmoe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mustang wrote:
Done and done,
now we pass the first grey screen with a white loading bar but when it goes to the small banner like load bar with the games cover art on it with a blue load bar, before it can even try to load the blue it crashes.

I suggest that you try to reinstall it again. After you have uninstalled it manually delete the main SH3 dir and also mydocuments\sh3 (make a backup of mydocuments\sh3, otherwise you would lose your campaign). Very often after a normal uninstall some files won´t be deleted by the uninstaller and those files can cause trouble under some circumstances.
SG_Igor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first post here, but heavy one... or is it? Wink I have problems with graphics in SH3 after replacing ATI 9550 with FX5900. Smoke coming from funnel is black, but only until I look into the sun or through binoculars, when it becomes transparent white, so it is much harder to spot the ship from distance. Here`s an example:

... comparing to normal view:

As you see, there are bugs with sea foam too... it`s white, but -again- after bringing the sun into scene, or using binoculars, it gets grey... but at least this is not something so important for gameplay - smoke is real problem.

Now, I`ve noticed two things: first, when I pause the game, switch the task with some other program (say, Internet Explorer or anything else), then return to game and continue, smoke and sea foam are back to normal, but only until I look at the sun, when they become ugly again. Second, sun is too bright - after pausing the game and switching the task, it becomes normal and all graphics errors are gone. Obviously there is some connection between smoke and sunlight:

I`ve already reinstalled DirectX 9.0c, latest Forceware drivers and the game itself, but with no effect. FX5900 is working fine btw... there`s no problems in some other games (Rome Total War and Call of duty), nor in 3DMark 2001/03/05.

Can someone help me or give some hint, please?

Proud member of WaW
Bluewings

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi SG_Igor and welcome aboard Smile

If I was you , I would try some older Forceware drivers .
The FX5900 is a DirectX 9 card only and not a 9.0c , which could be the reason why you have some light troubles .

It might have something to do with the way the pixel shaders interact with the videocard 's memory :hmm:

Cheers .
SG_Igor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx Bluewings, I`ll try that that too.
Isitol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

(I am French)
I have the same problem as SG_Igor!
I have a fx 5900xt Leadtek with ForceWares 66.93. The last pilots do not arangent anything!

I did not find any solution with this problem of smoke.

Help! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Bluewings

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salut isitol et bienvenue a bord Smile

Cherche des pilotes plus anciens ou utilises ceux de ton disque d 'installation (Leadtek) .

Les derniers pilores sont concus pour DirectX 9.0c alors que ta XT est seulement une DirectX 9 .

Bonne chance Wink

a+

Cheers .
Isitol

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re,

Merci Bluewings, je suis content de voir qu'il y a des gars qui parle et lise le Français par ici. Wink Wink

Pour ce problème de fumée, j'avais déjà essayé avec des anciens pilotes et même avec celui fourni avec la carte graphique, mais ça n'a pas résolu le problème.
Damn

A part changer de carte graphique, personne à une solution à ce problème ?

------------------------
Re,

Thank you Bluewings, I am glad to see that there is of the guy who speaks and reads French by here. Wink Wink

For this problem of smoke, I had already tested with former pilots and even with that provided with the graphics board, but that did not solve the problem. Damn

With share to change graphics board, anybody with a solution with this problem?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: