Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Comming back after a while, SC doesn't work
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dealer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In previos post I mentioned that the new NVidia drivers solved the problems I was having with SC. SC worked fine after I downloaded drivers, but next day same old problems re-occurred. Then I realized I had shut off virus protection when I had installed the new drivers. Sure enough SC works for me now when I shut off my virus protection program (SBC Yahoo On-line Protection). When I have the anti-virus on and run SC I get the excruciatingly long load times and system hang-up when accessing 3D Options menu. With the anti-virus off those problems did not occur for me.
Neptunus Rex

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dealer wrote:
In previos post I mentioned that the new NVidia drivers solved the problems I was having with SC. SC worked fine after I downloaded drivers, but next day same old problems re-occurred. Then I realized I had shut off virus protection when I had installed the new drivers. Sure enough SC works for me now when I shut off my virus protection program (SBC Yahoo On-line Protection). When I have the anti-virus on and run SC I get the excruciatingly long load times and system hang-up when accessing 3D Options menu. With the anti-virus off those problems did not occur for me.

If I remember correctly, SC uses .mdb files and accesses same during start up. Virus Protection sees this as virus like activity and gets in the way. I would turn off real time protection while playing and you should be fine.
Jamie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try running the game in windowed mode (desktop color depth must be set to 16-bit)...

Edit your shortcut to look like this:

Target: "C:\GAMES\Sub Command\subcommand.exe" -windowed

NOTE: Make sure the -windowed is outside of the quotes
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: