Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Dangerous Waters sound effects mod [SA reply re: Music mod]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> DW Mod Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barleyman

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

finiteless wrote:
Barleyman wrote:
WRT clicking noises.

Your problem is that DW sound code does not like samples which do not start/stop at 0. Something old farts might be familiar with from Gravis Ultrasound..

I was aware of this and if you extract the sounds I have altered you will see that I did just that, but that is not the basic problem.
Smile

I actually took a look into the P3 engine sound and it most definitely does not have a fade in beginning/end.. So I just worked on the assumption the rest of the problematic samples are the same, too. :doh:

Regardless, after processing the russian pack, I got rid of about 9/10th of the clicking so it does indeed help. With the originals it was really more of a loud microphone switch *snap* than a modest click.

From the evidence it'd look like in some cases, SCedit puts in an extra byte and/or gets the offset wrong by 1?
Barleyman

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I have seen it.
I spent a bit of time extracting wavs from stock DW akula interface .agg file .. It seems every single exported file will get a nice 2-4 sample glitch. I have seen it in samples 4074+4074 or 3584+3585

In 1 specimen (R_COW_17) you get 4 glitches, 3584, 3585, 3588, 3589 ..

The exact values of the glitch seems to wary by invidual file or maybe by the file position inside the AGG file. But it tends to be same for several files. (well, I didn't go so far as to check actual sample values but visually they're the same.)

How to bug Jsteed? :sunny:
Sparks

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Gentlemen,

Anxious to know if there is a mod to change the background music into "real"sation sounds. I also have that for SC.

Found it Smile

Last edited by Sparks on Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total
finiteless

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barleyman wrote:
I actually took a look into the P3 engine sound and it most definitely does not have a fade in beginning/end.

Incorrect.

It most definitely does have a fade in and fade out, it is just a very short fade-in and fade-out, and not surprisingly, because it is a loop file, not a 'play once then stop' file.

i.e. could you imagine a P3 engine sound which had a noticable fade-in and a long fade-out as it looped, or else a 100ms gap on each end of it? That would be far worse.
Barleyman

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops. :8Cool :dead: :doh:
Hellcat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not meaning to be pushy or demanding... :know:
is it possible to add more crew replys into the simulation for such situations as firing torpedos. I'd much rather hear <fire button click> + "match bearing and fire" than that just that button clicking sound.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kapitan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont know if its been asked but can we have some diving alarms for the russian subs please its just dive the ship yesta captain and thats a bit boring
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> DW Mod Workshop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: