Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Das Boot - standard, directors or mini series

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub & Naval Books, Films, and Models
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:41 am    Post subject: Das Boot - standard, directors or mini series Reply with quote

Hi all,

In preparation for SHIII I thought I'd buy Das Boot to get me even more in the mood (hardly needed as the anticipation is already making each day seem like a month! - but only 2 days now - phew)

Anyway, wondered if anyone could give their advice.. what's best to get.. the original film, the directors cut (which I was going to go for, but then I noticed Virgin are selling the original mini series stitched together in one epic. That sounds appealing to me but then I read the directors cut has a new soundtrack - and also I wondered if the mini series had some less interesting bits that wouldn't maybe be missed too much anyway.

So any comments from anyone as to the best one to get would be most appreciated Smile

cheers!
Banquet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, wasn't logged in for my post..
Floater

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd probably recommend the mini-series. There is a lot more on there about the day-to-day running of the boat, and you get to know the characters much better.

However, the Director's Cut version has a fascinating director's commentary on it, and, as you say, the sound has been rerecorded. To be honest, I didn't notice much of a difference between the soundtracks, but then I only have a standard TV speaker. If you have a home cinema setup, that might be more of a consideration.

Why not splash out and buy both? If you do, watch the mini-series first. Wink
Banquet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Floater. I think I'll go for the mini series today, and get the directors edition next month.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub & Naval Books, Films, and Models All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: