Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Bug in game/mission editor?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> DW Mission Designers' Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
j-dog

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: Bug in game/mission editor? Reply with quote

Hey people,

I'm planning to make a peacetime scenario where a sub tails a surface group. The player is supposed to scare the sub off by pinging him with active sonar from close range, so the sub realizes he's detected. He should then surface as to "give up" and show himself. I wanted to test this first to make sure I got it right.

I created a simple scenario - a Foxtrot and a playable OHP close to each other. Triggers check if sub is painted by active sonar at close range, and then fires off a script that sets new course and zero depth. But when I test the mission, the game crashes to desktop when the script fires. I tried a lot of different triggers, even just a simple time trigger, but same thing happens everytime. Tactic for the Foxtrot is a simple transit.

Anyone else had the same problem?
Bill Nichols

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zero depth? Maybe that's the culpret. Try a depth equal to the sub's surfaced value. For a Foxtrot. that's 20 ft.
I have a similar scenario (for my RSR campaign), where I use a script to make a Foxtrot surface to represent it's battery being drained. Works A-OK.
j-dog

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill Nichols wrote:
Zero depth? Maybe that's the culpret. Try a depth equal to the sub's surfaced value. For a Foxtrot. that's 20 ft.
I have a similar scenario (for my RSR campaign), where I use a script to make a Foxtrot surface to represent it's battery being drained. Works A-OK.

I forgot to say that I tried removing the depth part, and just set a different course and speed. Still get the CTD.
Furia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then you should have a trigger conflict somewhere. I suggest you undo part of the map till a point it does not rash and start adding the triggers in sequence testing them all the time.
As Bill say, you can nicely make the sub to surface once the condition of being painted by active sonar is accomplish in a trigger, so keep trying, it is probably a conflict in some trigger or script.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> DW Mission Designers' Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: