Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Patch Suggestions (Monitored by Sonalysts)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 49, 50, 51  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fandango

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When in multistation on the HELO and the ORION, the one manning the ACOUSTICS cannot see the LOBs he assigns...

Last edited by Fandango on Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Molon Labe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr.Sid wrote:
Wakehomers could have setting 'heading after enable' .. so one cac easily shoot them from target's front hemisphere.

Good one!
For now, I think we can use the circle mode instead...
Dr.Sid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cirlce mode wont do .. If you shoot from target's head-on, you have to get torpedo around the target into the wake, then turn it 180, then activate it. If you'd use circle mode, torpedo would activate and follow the wake in the opposite direction, which exactly you want to avoid.

Maybe it would be possible to do that with current engine by making wake-homers waypoint-folowing torpedo. That would do nicely.
Nexus7

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is out of the current topic but I want to throw it on the table anyway... It is probably also old stuff but still I'm puzzled.

Topic: Classification of contacts.

Problem1 : with several contacts on the same bearing it can become an heavy mental work to identify all contacts using the frequencies only.

Problem2 : to classify subs. When you see 1 or 2 frequency lines only there is room for a lot of possible ID's.

Question1: what else is used aboard real subs to identify contacts?
Question2: do classification constraints allow to add those if any?

Idea1: add sound to the source of the frequencies? I can imagine to see a subsim player wearing headsets.......

Idea2: when frequencies overlap why can't the computer show them with different colours (1 colour for each set of frequencies)

over and out.
sonar732

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nexus7,

Back in 1995, the FRAZ display looked and felt like the current NB of DW for 688's and Seawolves of course.

Question #1: The FRAZ operator would communicate with the SA or TA operators as to what he's seeing and if his guys to the right (how it was set up on my boat, Alaska 732). The only other way we knew what it was is a big red book marked "Top Secret" which showed NB frequencies for every boat and ship class in the world. By the way...I do play with headsets while in SA or TA BB. Wink

Question #2: The FRAZ display doesn't give you two different colors for easier classification.
Dr.Sid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With 2 contacts at one bearing, union of signatures should be displayed. All siganterues witch 'can be it' should be displayed. So for example if there is Akula nad Cargo ship on same bearing, alllines from both (so there is 8 lines on NB) I should get bot Akula and Cargo ship signatures available. Like this you get 'none' and you have to use 'no filter' settings.
freddo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If multiple signatures are shown on NB, wouldn't it be possible to distinguish different contacts by means of lining up the sensor on different frequency scales? (ie Placing it on the higher Frequency setting)
MaHuJa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>In multistation, the FFG classification 'apply' button doesn't seem to work.

I have to amend this. It seems that it doesn't work as long as you're not the host of the game. (Which you always are in a singleplayer game)

It's been mentioned before, but the mk13 doesn't recover functionality after being damaged and repaired again - possibly related to having a missile loaded when it is damaged. (Bring down the cycle time, and we have an option there...)

Also, DW tries to be smart in the case of sound failure - but if it's a one-time fault (the fixed-by-rebooting kind), it's just a hassle for the user to find out why there's no sound in DW though everything else works fine. Remove the automatic ini change and think it over three times before you put it back in, please...

Last for now, DW in a window is really ungraceful - sometimes it just drops the framerate to ~0.2 and stays there... (first time was together with the sound problems mentioned, last time was while sound was still disabled in DW... so that's not it at all.)

Last edited by MaHuJa on Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
TLAM Strike

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the MH-60R should have the option of mounting fuel tanks on the pylons like in real life. I could see this being useful... really... :hmm:
MaHuJa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TLAM Strike wrote:
I think the MH-60R should have the option of mounting fuel tanks on the pylons like in real life. I could see this being useful... really... :hmm:

Before then, the ASTAC needs a fuel display. And I guess full customizability of the pylons.
Fire_Spy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it has been mentioned in this thread somewhere but TLAM's really need to be looked at. (I have LwAmi 3.00 installed)

As it is they seem to have a failure rate of around 50% . that is even when aimed correctly they still fly through the target and either just vanish or hit the ground fly back up into the air and try to fly around to hit the target again.

It is even worse for the AI . Last night whilst playing the last Russian Rebellion mission again , I keep failing because the TLAM's arent detonating when they hit the target and the SSNi doesnt carry 50 TLAM's, and after failing to once again destroy the Naval base , I carried 24 TLAM,s and about half hit - I had truth on because I wanted to see why I was missing - I used a combination of waypoint targeting and just using right click 'engage with' commands.

I scrolled the map down to see what was going on down south and witnessed a Tico VLS fire a barrage of TLAM's at the southern naval base. Now these naval bases have no SAM defenses so they should of been destroyed easily. I think about 3 out of 12-15 TLAM's actually hit.

Whilst much of the time TLAM accuracy and reliability is not an issue, Imagine a mission where your in a sub with a mostly ASW loadout and your required to clear a path for a SAG to approach and launch on an enemy naval base only to see of the 40-50 TLAM;s fired only 10 hit and the target is still there. (AI firing TLAM's seems to be worse than when a Human does it).

And when I was setting up the TLAM waypoints I was putting the last waypoint a little before the target. But it was still 50/50 whether the missile hit or not.

Thanx for listening and thanx for a great game! Rock
OneShot

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to correct all the waypoints manually for the TLAMs to make them work properly ... at least thats the rumor. Guess somebody with more knowledge could pitch in and explain it further. Aside from that, yep they need to be looked at.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LuftWolf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For TLAMs and SLAM-ER's, you MUST manually move all of the transit waypoints yourself and, if you want, correct the final waypoint for overshoot for the missiles to function correctly most of the time.

In terms of the AI using the missiles, I have actually never noticed this to be a problem, but it would be reasonable that they would have a failure rate similar to the automatic way of targeting the missiles for a human.
goldorak

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Radar issue Reply with quote

Please SCS, in a future patch fix the issue of the radar (on the P-3 or the MH-60R) not being able to detect extended periscopes and esm masts on the submarines.
Barleyman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject: Replays.. Reply with quote

Please do something (tm) about the horrible replay.

It's as badly broken in DW as it was in 688i H/K.. Only my box today is so much better at crunching numbers it's bit less grievous in practice. But not by much.

I did some math and if you just record position, velocity and direction once a second for every object in-game, you get fairly reasonable sized log-file.

For example, 4byte X latitude, 4byte Y latitude, 2 byte altitude(for replay purposes not really needed), 2 byte direction and 2byte speed recorded once a second for 100 in-game objects for 1 h of game-time adds up to 14 bytes * 3600 * 100 = 4922kB. No big deal for most setups and how many scenarios have 100 objects in-game to start with?

You could seek + rewind resulting datafile with impunity unlike it happens now. You can even shave recorded data if you like, only thing "direction" and "speed" is used for is to draw the speed vector, so..
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 50 of 51

Jump to: