Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Patch Suggestions (Monitored by Sonalysts)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50, 51  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deathblow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The development team should look at AI sub behavior in the littorals. More often than not a sub that is torp evading in waters less than 600ft deep will bottom out. None are managing their depth correctly and all will eventually become stuck to the bottom. This was happening even before the 1.03beta patch so its most likely a doctrine error than anything.
bubblehd647

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sonar interface improvement:

IIRC, on the real BQQ-5 passive BB displays, in addition to the stern marker that is currently modeled, there is also a ships head marker. Right now I see a marker at the top of the stern marker that I THINK is supposed to really be this indicator.
HydroShok

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from what i can tell from experimenting with the map editor, the bottom type is extremely important in 1.03b. If its rock, you'll get those huge detection ranges, like several miles. If its mud, it cuts it in half approx. If its a sand bottom, sonobouys on active will hardly even work up to mile. Theres a thread in here that talks about sonobouys only working 500-750 yards away and it happens with a sand or mud bottom, especially if the sub is going less than 5 knots. I kinda wish you could see in game what type of bottom there is, because it affects the sonobouys so much.

I'd like to see another controllable surface ship so both teams wont have identical ships online, which can be confusing without show allies. And another type of controllable surface ship that complements the FFG.

An air to air weapon would be usefull for those rare moments online when theres nothing but air players left.

Tone down the noise on the non controllable AI subs. They are like an underwater rock concert as it is now. That and they're deaf as all. I know the lwami mod addresses this.

I kinda like launching stuff from above with p3. the ciws on the FFG will engage falling torpedoes (im pretty sure). if u do max speed and altitude, you can launch a bouy 12 miles ahead, i though it was kewl. Torp lead is not nearly as much.

i dont like the tma on paper that the ffg has. GB2 sub style please.

My joystick isn't fancy enough to work the gas correctly in the chopper. I wish i could just click digital buttons to notch the gas up and down slightly, and hold the gas in its place when im not doing anything with it. Right now it requires constant attention, when I'm looking or a "cruise control".
Sub Sailor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Air Banks Reply with quote

Is it possible to have the air banks at 100 % at the start of the mission?

Ron Banks MMCM(SS), USN(Ret)
RedDevilCG

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the Type-40 torpedo dropped from the SS-N-27 supposed to be able to sinke ships? It says its asw only...

I've had them lock onto, track, and sink merchants!
Wim Libaers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASW only in this game seems to mean that it can only be targeted on contacts that are classified as subs. But once it's in the water, it can hunt anything it wants.
Deathblow

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: The MAD parade Reply with quote

I'm venting a pet peeve Confused Mad

Whenever AI ASW helos and P3 get a mad contact on a player sub, all they do is just circle around it repeatedly getting mads, over, and over and over again. Once they have a MAD contact they never loose it and continue to circle forever, most of the time resulting in 3-4 planes/helos all doing a goofy looking dance overhead of the sub below. And they rarely ever attack, they just circle over and over and over again for what can last for hours.

Bad AI programming? Probably. Solution? Not sure, but something to address this aberant behavior would be nice.
MaHuJa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: The MAD parade Reply with quote

Deathblow wrote:
Solution? Not sure, but something to address this aberant behavior would be nice.

I suspect the problem is that once they have a mad contact, they're inclined to keep it, but mad does not classify the contact. If they dropped a (passive) buoy automatically, upon getting that mad contact, it might help.
OneShot

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like something a new or modified doctrine might easily fix ... Sort of, if MAD then drop Passive Buoy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Amizaur

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could changing value of PreenableCourse variable inside doctrine also update the connected Heading value displayed on sub torpedo control screen ? Please please please, I'm asking very much for this if it's possible !!! Thanks in advance Smile
MaHuJa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oneshot, once you have a mechanism not to drop one each frame the game proceeeds, you have only one problem left: How do you drop a buoy from the doctrines? "Fire dicass deep" ?
LuftWolf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no doctrine level commands to drop buoys that I am aware of. Crying or Very sad

That kind of behavior for air platforms is coded in the AI engine.

In general, submarine behavior is more or less completely doctrine controlled, ships are a mix of doctrine and engine, and aircraft are mostly controlled by the engine.

Of course, there may be doctrine level commands for ships and aircraft that are not currently being used, but I am not aware of this being the case in this situation.
Deathblow

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuftWolf wrote:
That kind of behavior for air platforms is coded in the AI engine.

Damn :dead: ..... Damn
MaHuJa

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Savegames.... Not all relevant information for a platform is saved. As one example, a dead platform that hasn't yet been removed from the game when the game is saved, will never disappear if the game is reloaded.

(Not that I think they *should* be removed, but that's another case.)
Dr.Sid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wakehomers could have setting 'heading after enable' .. so one cac easily shoot them from target's front hemisphere.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 49 of 51

Jump to: