Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Newbie Question about Platforms

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PSUColonel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Newbie Question about Platforms Reply with quote

After Downloading many scenerios..I have found most are for Los Angeles class Subs. How can I edit the platform to one I would rather play? Say I want to go into the mission using the Seawolf? How can I o this?
laglos

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-select the mission editor
-load the mission you want
-zoom in to where the controllable object is
-click it
-change its properties in the right hand panel
-save the mission
-exit the editor
-go to missions and play it
clive bradbury

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget that SCXII plus SCU will provide you with a wide range of subs from the 1960s onwards to play.
DeepSixNiner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One important thing to remember when editing a scenario:

Sometimes, when scripting a scenario, specific goals are assigned to specific platforms (ie US/LASSN/La Jolla), meaning that only that platform can complete the mission. If you change the platform to a different one, you don't necessarily change the goals, so the mission might not work.

Just thought I'd throw that one at ya, because I tried to play Bill Nichols great "Sicilian Wedding" using an older Flight I LA SSN, and I couldn't complete several of the goals.

A note to Bill if you're reading this one : Opened up your SW scenario, and WOW, that musta taken forever to make! So much stuff!

Cheers.
Bill Nichols

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeepSixNiner wrote:
One important thing to remember when editing a scenario:

Sometimes, when scripting a scenario, specific goals are assigned to specific platforms (ie US/LASSN/La Jolla), meaning that only that platform can complete the mission. If you change the platform to a different one, you don't necessarily change the goals, so the mission might not work.

Just thought I'd throw that one at ya, because I tried to play Bill Nichols great "Sicilian Wedding" using an older Flight I LA SSN, and I couldn't complete several of the goals.

A note to Bill if you're reading this one : Opened up your SW scenario, and WOW, that musta taken forever to make! So much stuff!

Cheers.

Yep, took quite a while! Neutral\
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: