Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Video Cards

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Comments to SUBSIM Review
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sub Sailor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject: Video Cards Reply with quote

I have seen some articles recently of problems with NVIDIA CARDS and Direct X 9.
I have been considering changing my GeForce 440MX 64MB card for a Radeon. I have looked at the Radeon 9200 128MB DDR. I am retired and cost is a factor I must consider.
My system specs are:
40 GB HD
512 MB RAM
Windows ME
Intel Pentium 4 2GHz
Sound Blaster PCI 128
I recently had a problem with my existing card when I tried to download the latest driver for it, I down loaded 61.76 and the system crashed bad, so I had it fixed, but it coninued so I went back to 56.64 and it works fine. Now I am concernd I will not be able to run such programs as DW and stay current and one of the items I read is that NVIDIA does not seem to repond to request to fix the problem. I do not have first hand Knowledge of this.
Would the Radeon 9200 be a good choice or should I consider something else or stay with what I have?

Thanks,

Ron Banks MMCM(SS), USN(Ret)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Comments to SUBSIM Review All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: