Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

What are people doing reading this forum?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeepSixNiner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to hear of another up-coming campaign for SC, especially a good cold war-era campaign.

I've been working on and off on a campaign for about 6 months now, and hope to eventually release it here at subsim, too. Originally, the campaign was titled Red Storm Rising, and was based entirely on Tom Clancy's novel, but as work progressed, I realized I wanted to make a campaign with more than just a few "chapters" or scenarios to it. I scratched most of the RSR stuff, and began to create my own story-line, and based it on an old naval board game I used to play called 2nd Fleet. So far, I've completed 9 scenarios and linked them together to make a pretty good campaign, but I want to add a few more to properly end the story-line.

I also ran into a problem when I realized that my database isn't stock anymore (I've added a few Soviet warships to my database, like the Kresta II ASW cruiser and the Poti class patrol boat, as well as a Norwegian P-3B Orion, and a bunch of biologic sounds). I've had to go back into each scenario and make sure I use standard SCXIIC platforms only, so that everyone can play the campaign. Orignially, I was making this one for myself and my father, who also loves SC, but I think the campaign is something everyone will enjoy, so I wanted to update it for release here.

The campaign is based all over the North Atlantic, from the White Sea to Scotland. You begin in command of USS Permit, and as the campaign progresses, you will also command USS Pogy, USS Bremerton, and USS Newport News. The missions vary from intelligence gathering in the Barents, to interdicting a Soviet invasion force, transiting a mine field, a land strike against Iceland, a rescue op for a downed HMS Vanguard, and a two-scenario mini-campaign against a Soviet "boomer bastion" in the Kara Sea, at the edge of the Arctic ice pack.

In order to make sure the scenarios work with the new changes I've made, I'll likely release a few "sample" missions before the campaign is finished, so I can get some feedback from other players.

Cheers.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: