Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Wuts up this this? a bug?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Savages_Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Wuts up this this? a bug? Reply with quote

Sup All,

I was playing one of bills missions (Operation White Star) on my new comp today and I notised that after I saved the game a few times because the sound died and I had to restart SC that the waypoints were messed up. My ship wouldnt even follow the waypoints and when I clicked Insert to add a new path it just made another whole set of waypoints. Also, it wouldnt let me click or move any of the waypoints either, it would just move the map around. Eventually I had like 4 different sets of waypoints on the map. Also, I notised that all the chart lines and text on the map was gone, but the contacts looked fine, so just the map labled stuff was gone, I looked under the show / hide options and everything was showing, I even turned stuff on and off and it still didnt come back... Anyone have this happen before?

Edit: I even exited SC and then opend my save file and it was still messed up Sad ugh I hope I dont have to start over!

Thanks,
Wolfy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
laglos

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had similar issues with link data....turn on link data, save the game. When you reload, the old links that were shown appear in addition to the real link data. In this case, turning link data off and back on fixes it.

I've just assumed it was a bug; if so, I'd wager that your issue with waypoints is related to it.

As an aside to all....now that DW is coming out, does anyone think it'd be a good idea to create a sticky post in this forum which reviews all of the known still-existant bugs in SC (as of the last official patch)? Something to assist people who are new (or merely going retro for a while, like many of us still do with 688(I)) so they don't have to go through all of the hundreds of messages here. If we'd just quickly list out all the bugs we recall now (while it's still easy to remember), and if there's any workarounds (installing SCX or other).

I'd nominate this nav screen issue and the rudder issue (in stock SC).
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: