Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Hmm.... converting the code of SC to?(good with computers?)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrettDez

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Hmm.... converting the code of SC to?(good with computers?) Reply with quote

I have a Pocket PC, the Ipaq rx3715. Great thing. Runs on Windows Mobile 2003 SE. I also have an 1 GB SD card which means I have alot of space.

Is there any way to convert Sub Command or 688(i) to be runnable on Windows Mobile 2003? I have the space obviously from the SD card to fit the full install, but obviously it's coded differently. Anyway to make it PDA-compatible????

SC is primarily mouse driven and thus a stylus on a PDA would be easy to use to run SC. And obviously the 3D would have to be disabled as the PDA lacks a graphics card.

I don't think it's possible, but if it is. Sub Command on my PDA?!?! That could lead to ENDLESS possibilities. :sunny:
Scion

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would you want SC or 688 on PDA...

... When you can have DW on PDA Very Happy?

Seriously... Would be a question for Jamie...
BrettDez

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:16 am    Post subject: Well, Reply with quote

When you think about it, with each newer game the size becomes bigger. I have no idea but DW could end up being a more than 1 GB install. I'd be happy settling with SC or 688(I).
MaHuJa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: Hmm.... converting the code of SC to?(good with computer Reply with quote

BrettDez wrote:
I have a Pocket PC, the Ipaq rx3715. Great thing. Runs on Windows Mobile 2003 SE. I also have an 1 GB SD card which means I have alot of space.

Is there any way to convert Sub Command or 688(i) to be runnable on Windows Mobile 2003? I have the space obviously from the SD card to fit the full install, but obviously it's coded differently. Anyway to make it PDA-compatible????

SC is primarily mouse driven and thus a stylus on a PDA would be easy to use to run SC. And obviously the 3D would have to be disabled as the PDA lacks a graphics card.

First of all, is the cpu of that thing binary compatible with pc executables? If not, you'd need an emulator, and that will slow things down a lot. One source said it had a 400MHz cpu (think max 20% emulated), and the only reference I find on the cpu manufacturers site says something about 8-bit...

Also, RAM is a concern...
"152 MB user available memory (includes 96 MB of iPAQ File Store) – non-Asian language models"

Is that 152-96 Mb of ram available? And does the OS take its share of that? Against how much, that SC needs?

And you cannot disable 3d completely: Periscope.
Without 3d hardware, it would have to do it in software, which is especially slow, or it would have to simply not draw it at all.
Scion

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also used to play SC on a laptop, and using software rendering, the Ship Control station lags like an ass as well.
BrettDez

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject: RAM... Reply with quote

That 96mb is always for the Filestore, I can put around 30 to 40mb as program memory only. I don't think it can run normal executables.

Damn, oh well. 688(i) on PDA would've been neat, maybe next generation of PDAs, Smile .
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: