Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Where is the Multiplayer?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> ENIGMA: Rising Tide
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WehrWolf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little late to be commenting but thought I'd toss out my take on things. The multiplayer portion of the game was certainly fun, as those who attended Enigmacon can attest. The persistent side of things is what's really going to set things apart, and I've been waiting around patiently like many others still lurking around. When it does surface, I'm sure we'll all be taking evasive manuvers.

One thing I know is, the guys at TAG have been working hard for years. In the grand scheme of things, most major MMORPG games out there sat in development for 2, 3, 4 plus years as people waited. TAG in relation has a fraction of the staff, yet makes up for it in heart and dedication. MP is coming, and it's going to be worth the wait. Just keep your ears to the hydraphones. Ping

And I'm sorry to hear Shawn is no longer on the team. Sad
Soulchaser

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it sure will be worth the wait.

what i am thinking about is: there are usually tons of ppl who spend alot of time for "modding" games... are there any mods for enigma yet? at some games i saw mods wich where same quality as the original game stuff and even some wich where much better. operation flashpoint for example. would be great to know if its even possible to mod enigma.

ot: great signature spectator.... iron maiden right? Rock
Spectator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah you're right, iron maiden - run silent run deep from the 1990 no prayer for the dying album, one of my all time favorites Smile
cowboy10uk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well its nice to hear from the President about this game, However stating the multiplayer will be done when its done after such a long time that the original game was released just dosn't cut it. I bought this game a good few years or so ago now, so I could play multiplayer, the promises sounded to good to be true. Well as we all now know they were. The game packing and all adverts all used the Mutiplayer side of this game to sell copys only for us poor souls to find when we installed that the multiplayer side would come to us via a patch at a later date. In the time i've been waiting i've had 2 new PCs, moved house twice and changed jobs. Just how long do you expect people to wait? If you are going to advertise a product then please please make sure that it does what you promise. Now don't get me wrong the idea sounds great and I know you are a small company, and i will properly stilll use your product when it emerges from the depths but you cannot promise something that you havn't got. Good luck in your programming and you never know we may see the product before we all die of old age. :zzz:
EAST

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly understand how you feel and thanks for posting.
hunter301

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This reminds me of the Silent Hunter 2/ Destroyer Command scenario.
wait,wait,wait,wait............................................................................
I to was sold on ER:RT mostly for the multiplayer. Most of the games I buy is only for MP playing. I get bored of knowing I'm not playing against another mind in single player. it takes the thrill out of it.
melinjkpg

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did play this game when i bought it 3 years ago. for a month or so. then the game have not been installed becourse i wanted to play multiplay...at it said on the box. So for me you have tricked to buy a game that dont have multiplay..and 3 years later..still no mutliplay. and then you say...we have done work for 400 mb...so what? why didnt you but 400 mb on multiplay instead?? 3 years...some company can make a whole new game under that time and been relesed to0. WITH working mutliplay. this game will not be installed again before there are mutliplay.....hmm..i guess there are like 200 better games that have been relesed before that ever happens. So i have to live with that you ripped me off. To bad this game was not build and made in sweden. I had drag this company in front of a court for missleading advert.

sorry for bad english
Jesper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

melinjkpg since you are in swden I would assume that you own the GMX retail.
well so do i neighbour. there is no mention of multiplayer included on the cover, none what-so-ever.
There is a small note about 30 days free MP subscription once it has been launched, it is true that it says "later this year" but if you have/had paid attention to the E:RT forums you would know the reasons behind the delay.

A quick resume:
1: 1st publisher screwed them
2: Lawsuit
3: Lack of funds to pay programmers
4: 3rd publisher went bankrupt
5: 2nd publisher doesnt pay on time
The list is long, all I can say is that you gotta hang in there, TesseractionGames has not yet ran from any promises, and I doubt they will, but circumstances forces them to re-prioritize often.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> ENIGMA: Rising Tide All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: