Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

SCU

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sub Sailor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: SCU Reply with quote

I believe I am ready to give SCU a try. I am pretty sure I have all the things in my files, but I have never tried to run SCU, I have just be using SCXIIc.
Before I do I want to do some in depth reading on using a playable sub and then returing to the regular SCXIIc. In short how do I switch back and forth?
Do I need certain software like Video Cards, Sound Card, etc. or will SCU work with what I am playing SCXIIc with now? I am not really looking to do a massive computer upgrade to paly SCU, not right at Christmas time anyway.
I have been looking for information but apprently I am not finding the right site. I would really like to look at FAQs if there are any around.

Thank you,

Ron Banks MMCM(SS), USN(Ret)
Thomasew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ron

If your system can play SCX IIc, .. then it'll work with SCU .. no problem.

SCU just adds 1 additional playable Sub, .. although you have several to choose from.

The default Subs, in SC, .. will always work as per normal.

The additional playable is added/switched using the SCPlayableSubChanger.exe file (yes, it is a mouthful).

This exe will be in your Sub Command folder once you have installed SCU.

When you run the exe, . ... a window will open and allow you to pick one of the additional Subs.

Once that's done, .. everything else works as per normal. You don't need to run the exe again, ... unless you want to change to some other playable (default Subs are always playable, irrespective of which additional Sub you have selected).

Hope that answers your questions.

Cheers
Tom
Sub Sailor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: SCU Reply with quote

Good Afternoon Tom;
Winter has come to the mountains of Idaho Argh , no snow yet today, but it is trying, and it is cold.
I have not changed anything yet but I do have all the items in my files, except downloading scu scenarios.
I just want to verify, regular sub-original and scx scenarios just play normally. If I want to play another playable sub, in a scu scenario, has no effect on regular scenarios, if I understand all you have said. I don't have to touch the sub changer exe. again unless I want to change subs for another scu scenario.
Does it appear, as disjointed as this is, that I have a handle on it?

Thank you and Merry Christmas,

Ron Banks MMCM(SS), USN(Ret)
Thomasew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ron

I'd say that you had a pretty good handle on it. Yep

Miss the snow Crying or Very sad , .. hot as hell down here. :sunny:

Merry Xmas to You and Yours. Joking

Cheers
Tom
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: