Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Dancing idiot style.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Pirates!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elder-Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Dancing idiot style. Reply with quote

Allthough my character is about 24 years old still a "Apprentice" he can not dance worth a S#$%. Damn

I don't know if it's a bug or some command I've overlooked but every time there is a dance it is on autopilot Rotfl Argh Damn No joke, I can not use the dance controls for they wont let me do a thing. No matter what key I press it does not matter for you can sit back and watch the key pad numbers light up every time corresponding to the direction by their selves. And by not being able to control my character he dances like a fool ( HeHe, as I do in real life Rotfl ) I'll never get married this way. Crying or Very sad
Allthough that may be best. Argh

Allso whats up with the "Compass" ??( bottom left corner Sea Navagation )Even though the manual calls it "Wind Direction" ( small red arrow) the rest looks like a compass but you sure can't navagate by it and it dosn't even work in "Upper View" as it ( compass) just sits there with the red arrow allways pointing to the right ( east maybe? ). It's not a compass then how come? for way before the 16 hundreds they had them. I think "Firaxis" slipped up.
I've allmost worn out number 3 key going to the map trying to figure out the directions. Damn Damn

Anyone else encounter this ? Confused
les green01

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

way i done the dancing was watch her hands and hit pause real fast and unpause it and hit the key you need
Elder-Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gotten so sick and tired of stumbling because I could'nt hit the right key in time that now whenever I get the chance to dance I "Beat a hastey retreat" and it sure pi$$es them off. Rotfl

Maybe a barmaid can teach me to dance. :hmm: ( Idea the English barmaid would be nice MMM-HUH Yeah ) Rotfl

I wonder if you can stay a bachelor thru the game and still gain all the fame points ? :hmm:
Vonotto

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dancin is the only thing I can't do (In game or real life). :8Cool :8Cool
les green01

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i also remap the keys wich help a little,prettier the lady harder the dance and the shoes and boots help too
Seeadler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dancing part will become harder in higher levels. If you are a good dancer, the 3rd person camera move nearer and nearer to the girls face during the dance and this makes it difficult to watch her hand signs. The only way to manage a nearly error free dance in this case is to know the dancing steps of the nation the girl comes from. French and Dutch dances are more complicated than the English ones, the Spanish dance I never tried until today.

A further factor is the beauty of the girl, less beautiful forgives somes dance errors but with the beauty-queens you must be already Fred Astaire.
Vonotto

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm guess I should pick an ugly pig then
Elder-Pirate

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got those sissy shoes ( er I mean "dancing slippers" ) and they don't seem to work, if fact the dancing scene shows my character is still wearing "Calfskin Boots" and "Dancing Slippers" is in my Special Items.

MMmmm I'm leaning toward being a Bachelor. :hmm:
Nexus7

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt personally dance any daughter but watched a buddy doing it. He liked it so much he would dance even with a crocodille :nope: , thus making a marriage with the top girls harder. I remember he uses the normal NumPad. Watching the hints the girls gives by hand is not enuff: you must listen to the music and hit with the right rhytm, else doesnt work.
He stated the special shoes and the shirt would increase forgiveness a little.
I assure you its possible to learn it well, as he got lot of gifts from the girls after dancing Rock
Hope that helps...
Biggoggs

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
[...] you must listen to the music and hit with the right rhytm, else doesnt work.

Absolutely. When I started playing, I couldn't figure it out, but now I dance with as many daughters as possible (up until they ask for gifts) Smile

It's all about rhythm. Regardless of when she raises an arm, nods her head, or the NumPad icon lights up, hit the key ON THE BEAT. Swordfighting might be reaction, but dancing is watching where she wants you to go and being in time with the music. If you simply just can't seem to `get it', physically bounce with the music Very Happy

Cheers
XabbaRus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If all else fails, find a club, whack em over the head, heave them on your shoulder and take em back to the ship... Rotfl
Elder-Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XabbaRus wrote:
If all else fails, find a club, whack em over the head, heave them on your shoulder and take em back to the ship... Rotfl

Thats exactly what I would like to do. Argh My arthritis in my fingers ( no joke Sad ) just will not let me handle those keys so close together that fast. I can whup those nine so called "bad" pirates, slash the tar out of those other Captains, dig up treasures, find Sisters,uncles and all the good stuff with no problem but those Wench's will throw up their hands with disgust at me every time. Damn Damn

Now the lovely barmaids pamper me. Rotfl

Excuse me, gotta go for I see a ship that needs plundering. Argh
Gorduz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The clue with dancing is the fact that each dance consists of series of 4. For instance if the girl starts with a left and then a right, you know for sure that the 2 next ones will be left and then right. And then the music will change a bit and another series of 4 will enter, for example a forward, leftturn X 4. Once you've figured out the series I often close my eyes as it's easier to hit the tune than when your eyes are open.. I focus to much on the girl... Cool ... So my tips. Learn the series and colse your eyes.
Overkill

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You definately want to get the dancing boots and slippers. If you don't have them by the time your pirate turns 35 you'll be stumble'n all over the place. :doh: ...'course I stumbled all over the place the first 50+ times I attempted to dance in the game... Embarassed Laughing
U-443

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely loathe the dancing nonesense in this game. Spoils it completely!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Pirates! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: