Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

SSN 21 - Seawolf Class

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sulikate

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject: SSN 21 - Seawolf Class Reply with quote

Ahoy,

I'm am starting today a 3dsMax 7 model of SSN21, so I have some question that I like you guys to aswer me; :hmm:

- I found some pics of seawolf, but I still need a top view of the sub for my model...
- Can I convert .max or .3ds to sub command compatible format?
-If there's any modeler that can made some decent textures to submarines... I would be happy... Argh

Thanks!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sulikate

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, come on, I had already made the sail... :zzz:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ramius

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can convert a .3ds into the format required for Sub Command, but unfortunatly it doesn't work with Max v7.

Regarding the painting of it, once you've made the model and the maps then i'm sure someone will paint it for you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Bandit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Sulikate, its good to see new moddelers making stuff for Sub Command, but, I'm suprsed you allready didn't know, but, a replacement Seawolf Model was already made by Xabarus, one of the modelers for SCX. You'll probably make a good Seawolf, but, there's already a Seawolf out there. My suggestion is, why don't you make the Jimmy Carter, amost the same as the Seawolf ( you can probbly still use most of what you started with) and it will not have any other competing model. (to my knowledge no one has attempted the Jimmy Carter yet) and look on the bright side, its the new Spook sub, with all kinds of secrets and steff tha we don't 9and probably will know about). There are good pics of the carter on www.navsource.org

Good luck with your model, no matter how u make it.
Sulikate

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, you're right, maybe making Jimmy Carter would be better (just looked at the photos), but I'm modeling seawolf for 3 basic reasons;

1- I like this sub Smug
2- I wanna improve my submarine modeling abilities
3- I'm not very happy with my current sub command seawolf model.

my model is on "pre-alpha" Argh stage, I published it at www.turbosquid.com (type "submarine" in the search section), and if someone interests in painting the model (I'd put only a basic black texture on it), e-mail me at; brunosulikate@hotmail.com, and send me the painted model (today I already improved the model, you know, some details...)

PS: If the conversion isn't compatible with 3ds7, (I imagine it's because the .max format, not .3ds) 3dsmax7 can save the file as .3ds format too, so how may I convert it?

Thanks! Ping
Ramius

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sulikate wrote:
If the conversion isn't compatible with 3ds7, (I imagine it's because the .max format, not .3ds) 3dsmax7 can save the file as .3ds format too, so how may I convert it?

You need to use Max v3
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sulikate

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3ds3... very difficult, but is there an conversor?
Sulikate

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just prepared a pair of short animations using the model (now with nearly reasonable textures and following Jimmy Carter desing) :know:
I must say that I agreed making Jimmy and (In my opinion) is getting very good, so please help me with this conversor,:HOW can I GET this CONVERSOR to make my MODEL COMPATIBLE with SC.

Thanks Argh
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: