Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

PRESS CONFERENCE! Film at 11
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hitman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Judge, I demand that that Bailiff be ordered to arrest himself! Or at least restrain himself from contributing to the Prosecution's case! See? I knew this trial was rigged!

The Bailiff is obviously the trustee of the evidences until the moment comes of presenting them in the court. He is just announcing evidences that could be presented, but requesting them is up to the prosecutor. The Bailiff did not say that the prosecutor had not already planned to preset them before the Bailiff mentioned them :know:

BTW..press conference, uh?? Stare You're trying to make a circuns outta my Court?? Stare :hmm:
StdDev

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sailor Steve wrote:
StdDev wrote:
Barrister Steve....
You miss the point entirely!

Your attempt to point out that I've missed the point is pointless. allow ME to point out that I NEVER miss the point! And that's the whole point, if you take my point.

Please mind where you point that thing!.. You’re gunna put somebody’s eye out!
This sounds as if the defense is approaching the point of no return!
I feel it necessary to point out that:

point (point)
n.
A dimensionless geometric object having no properties except location.

Therefore there can be no distinguishable difference between the various point thus far submitted except for perhaps as to where they are located. As anyone can see.. my point clearly precedes yours!
In legalistic terms this has been shown relevant under the "Neener Neener Neener" descision

Sailor Steve wrote:
StdDev wrote:
The question of the Sea Lords guilt or innocence is moot!

Now you're just trying to point me in the wrong direction. The question of my client's innocence is the very question in question. If my client is innocent, then he's innocent. And if he's guilty, then an appeal will prove that he's still innocent! What was the question again?

It is obvious that you are trying to obfuscate the question with legalities, and are in fact “Begging the Question” as used in its most modern usage (i.e. Many people unaware of the technical meaning of "to beg the
question" in logic use it in one of two looser senses. The first of
these, "to evade the question, to duck the issue", is attested since
1860 (WDEU). The second, "to invite the obvious question, (with an
inanimate subject) to raise the question", is now the most commonly
heard use of the phrase, although we have found no mention of it
prior to The Oxford Guide to English Usage, 1st edition (1983), and
it is not yet in most dictionaries. The meaning of the adjective
"question-begging" does not seem to have suffered a similar
broadening.

Again.. for the sake of argument, I will grant you Drebbels innocence!
This still evades the actual question of what his punishment shall be.

Sailor Steve wrote:
StdDev wrote:
The defendant, by the very nature of his genetic makeup, is in sore need of Subsim justice!

If it's in the very nature of his genetic makeup, then he can't help himself and of course he shouldn't be punished.

Regardless of whether The Sea Lord can or can not help himself, He has clearly demonstrated that he is in need of (let us call it) “Subsim Intervention”. We only wish to help him “help” himself! (yes… we truly ARE that noble!). I would further venture that in consideration of the genetic makeup of the Subsim community, we are capable of plotting some SERIOUS “help” for the defendant.

Sailor Steve wrote:
StdDev wrote:
There are in existence video records of the defendant and his cronies ( see case no# 101504-G WPL vs. Dutch Hoodlums, The Cavalla Incident ) that demonstrate the capacity for mischief that the defendant is capable of!

You use the phrase "the defendant AND HIS CRONIES". This shows that sounding a dive claxon in the wee hours of the A.M. is part of the Dutch Nature (as you've already so well pointed out {there's that point thing again}). Since this is accepted practice in Dutch Land, that little bit of youthful hijinks cannot be considered a crime (and anybody who would say otherwise is a cad and a bounder)

You say “cad and bounder” like they were bad things!
And again you continue to couch your defense in inappropriate legalistic lingo (i.e “crime”).
The issue at hand is the amelioration of a deviant behavior. I will grant that the said “deviant behavior” is in fact an attribute of the Subsim community, but that is beside the point (there’s another point thingie!). The masses MUST be appeased!
Sailor Steve wrote:
StdDev wrote:
...I would think that at a minimum the defendant should be sentenced to wear a sundress and sing show-tunes for the mollification of the Subsim community.

My client is untrained in the fine art of wearing a sundress (at least that's what he told me), and to make him do so would be cruel and unusual punishment. Perhaps you could give us proper instruction.

Well of course I could!
I plan to offer an adult community college course in “high impact weight lifting, sundress design, and Gilbert and Sullivan music recital” (all one class!). Although the question of whether Gilbert and Sullivan tunes would be an acceptable substitute for “show tunes” would have to be decided by the JAG.

StdDev
Hitman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vonotto, you are no Dutch Sea Lord, right?

Only equals have to be treated equally :know:

The rest can be thrown into the brig inmediately with no previous trial Laughing
Sailor Steve

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: PRESS CONFERENCE! Film at 11 Reply with quote

JJ wrote:
*cough*

HEY! Get yer own press conference!
Sailor Steve

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hitman wrote:
BTW..press conference, uh?? Stare You're trying to make a circuns outta my Court?? Stare :hmm:

TRYING??? How can I make something something when it's already...um..er, uh, never mind. Embarassed
Scion

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been stated before that the subsim board is no democracy, but a dictatorship, led by none other than Neal.

[whisper] Now bow down and worship before he throws us all in the brig[/whisper]
Sailor Steve

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StdDev wrote:
Please mind where you point that thing!.. You’re gunna put somebody’s eye out!

"Gonna"? Dang! I gotta improve my aim!
Quote:
This sounds as if the defense is approaching the point of no return!

"Approaching"? I'm a lawyer, ain't I?
Quote:
I feel it necessary to point out that:

point (point)
n.
A dimensionless geometric object having no properties except location.

Yep, that describes me pretty well.

Quote:
Therefore there can be no distinguishable difference between the various point thus far submitted except for perhaps as to where they are located. As anyone can see.. my point clearly precedes yours!
In legalistic terms this has been shown relevant under the "Neener Neener Neener" descision

The only erudite, educated reply to that is PPTTHHHHHT Razz

Quote:
It is obvious that you are trying to obfuscate the question with legalities, and are in fact “Begging the Question” as used in its most modern usage (i.e. Many people unaware of the technical meaning of "to beg the question" in logic use it in one of two looser senses. The first of these, "to evade the question, to duck the issue", is attested since 1860 (WDEU). The second, "to invite the obvious question, (with an inanimate subject) to raise the question", is now the most commonly heard use of the phrase, although we have found no mention of it prior to The Oxford Guide to English Usage, 1st edition (1983), and it is not yet in most dictionaries. The meaning of the adjective "question-begging" does not seem to have suffered a similar broadening.

I beg to differ. I'm not a begger, and I won't stand for this kind of language, so please, please PLEASE stop it!
Quote:
Again.. for the sake of argument, I will grant you Drebbels innocence!

Thank you! Now help me convince the judge!
Quote:
This still evades the actual question of what his punishment shall be.

Well, since he's innocent I say we make HIM pay for dinner!

Quote:
Regardless of whether The Sea Lord can or can not help himself, He has clearly demonstrated that he is in need of (let us call it) “Subsim Intervention”. We only wish to help him “help” himself! (yes… we truly ARE that noble!). I would further venture that in consideration of the genetic makeup of the Subsim community, we are capable of plotting some SERIOUS “help” for the defendant.

If we really want to help, maybe we should take HIM to dinner!

Quote:
You say “cad and bounder” like they were bad things!
And again you continue to couch your defense in inappropriate legalistic lingo (i.e “crime”).

You keep using words like "couch", you're gonna have to buy ME dinner!
Quote:
The issue at hand is the amelioration of a deviant behavior. I will grant that the said “deviant behavior” is in fact an attribute of the Subsim community, but that is beside the point (there’s another point thingie!). The masses MUST be appeased!

Forget it! No way am I buying dinner for all of them!

Quote:
Well of course I could!
I plan to offer an adult community college course in “high impact weight lifting, sundress design, and Gilbert and Sullivan music recital” (all one class!). Although the question of whether Gilbert and Sullivan tunes would be an acceptable substitute for “show tunes” would have to be decided by the JAG.

Where do I sign up? And who pays for dinner?

Last edited by Sailor Steve on Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sailor Steve

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hitman wrote:
Vonotto, you are no Dutch Sea Lord, right?

Only equals have to be treated equally :know:

The rest can be thrown into the brig inmediately with no previous trial Laughing

Vonotto, I can't argue with his logic. You're on your own on this one...unless of course you can afford a good lawyer!
Neal Stevens

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: PRESS CONFERENCE! Film at 11 Reply with quote

JJ wrote:
Sailor Steve wrote:
This case has to be judged on it's own merits (of which of course there are none)!

*cough*

Rotfl

Neal Stevens

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scion wrote:
It has been stated before that the subsim board is no democracy, but a dictatorship, led by none other than Neal.

[whisper] Now bow down and worship before he throws us all in the brig[/whisper]

I'm just a figurehead, the real power behind the throne is... :shifty: ... ssssh!, someone's coming....

_
Vonotto

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I WANT A LAWYER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn Damn Damn Damn Damn
Neal Stevens

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted PLENTY of warnings not to post in the Trial Thread, didn't I? Yep
america person

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how doesw someone get tossed in the brig, ie will i ever get tossed in? ohh ahh im gonna go intterput drebb's trial
Sailor Steve

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vonotto wrote:
I WANT A LAWYER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn Damn Damn Damn Damn

Sorry, the good one's are all taken. Try Adam.
america person

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh burn Damn Joking
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: