Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Trial for Drebbel - Don't post unless Judge calls you!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MobyDick

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cough...cough...

(moved to spectator gallery)

http://www.subsim.com/phpBB_archive1/viewtopic.php?t=26577

.. :nope:
Neal Stevens

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your honor, order has been restored to your court.

Hitman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work, Bailiff! :know:

Now let's go on with the process....where is that prosecutor??
NightCrawler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Wow a court and i miss that? thanks neal Reply with quote

This is the official trial thread, do not post here unless called by the judge Wink

post your comments and observations in the SPECTATOR GALLERY, here

codmander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well defence?? i said i swear to tell the truth :know: lol without my fingers crossed
JJ

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let us begin..

codmander, describe your feelings on Monday, November 15th, this year when you logged in, browsed to Silent Hunter III forum and saw this infamous thread called "New release date for SHIII". We'd especially like to hear how you felt when you clicked the topic and it's true nature finally revealed to you.
Crow

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moved to Spectator Gallery:

Hitman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad Mad Mad Bailiff!!!!! Proceed inmediately to restore the order in the Court!!! Mad Mad

Throw this guy inmediately our of the court!

Codmander: The question asked by the prosecutor is legally correct.

Answer it! Yep
Sailor Steve

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHOA! WHOA! WHOA!!!

What's all this calling witnesses nonsense?! There are some serious issues to be addressed before any trial can begin, and I think this is not just any trial!

Item The First: The photo shows that this is clearly a United States courtroom. My client is not a citizen of the United States, nor was his alleged crime allegedly committed in the United States. Since this supposed crime was supposedly committed withing the realm of Subsim.com, the trial should take place in an official Subsim.com court, and should be represented by an official Subsim.com flag. Until evidence of such a flag exists, the Defense argues that there is no governing body qualified to "try" my client. This smacks of a railroading job, and possibly even a kangaroo court!

Item The Second: The Defense would like the record made public concerning the Presiding Judge's initial statement. The post has obviously been edited more than once. Exactly how many times have the charges against my client been altered? Again, this appears to be a blatant attempt to change the charges until the Court finds some they think will stick!

Item The Third: Before a trial can begin there must first be a formal indictment, up to and including a pretrial hearing to determine if the charges are even valid, which at this time appears NOT to be the case.

Item The Fourth: My client has a right to trial by a jury of his peers-twelve men (and/or women) tried and true, who have been found by the court to be without bias toward or against the accused. First my client must be formally charged, then we must select a jury.

Item The Fifth: Opening statements must be made by the Defense and the Prosecution.

Again, since the court appears to be intentionally denying my client his rights under the laws of any civilized nation, I demand a mistrial be declared, my client go free and that he further be paid reparations by Subsim.com and the Court for emotional damages caused by these scurrilous and false accusations.
Hitman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Item The First: The photo shows that this is clearly a United States courtroom. My client is not a citizen of the United States, nor was his alleged crime allegedly committed in the United States. Since this supposed crime was supposedly committed withing the realm of Subsim.com, the trial should take place in an official Subsim.com court, and should be represented by an official Subsim.com flag. Until evidence of such a flag exists, the Defense argues that there is no governing body qualified to "try" my client. This smacks of a railroading job, and possibly even a kangaroo court!

DENIED. The crime was written in a HDD that sits in a server, located in the USA. Furthermore, the flags, logos and identification of subsim's review are all around the forum where this court's sessions take place. Your client is member of subsim.com, and therefore subject to the forum's laws. The courts of the forum are therfore able to trial him.

Quote:
Item The Second: The Defense would like the record made public concerning the Presiding Judge's initial statement. The post has obviously been edited more than once. Exactly how many times have the charges against my client been altered? Again, this appears to be a blatant attempt to change the charges until the Court finds some they think will stick!

DENIED. The charges remain exactly the same. there is a difference between trialed "facts" and "legal definition" of these facts. The facts have always been the same, and your client always knew them and could ( Is in fact doing ) defence himself.

Quote:
Item The Third: Before a trial can begin there must first be a formal indictment, up to and including a pretrial hearing to determine if the charges are even valid, which at this time appears NOT to be the case.

DENIED. This is not valid according to subsim's forum rules, which govern this process. Considering that less famous members of subsim have been thrown to the brig for two months with no previous trial, I'd say your client is LUCKY

Quote:
Item The Fourth: My client has a right to trial by a jury of his peers-twelve men (and/or women) tried and true, who have been found by the court to be without bias toward or against the accused. First my client must be formally charged, then we must select a jury.

DENIED: For same reasons as the previous. No jury here. This is subsim.com!

Quote:
Item The Fifth: Opening statements must be made by the Defense and the Prosecution.

DENIED. They have already been made. Check the top of this thread.

Quote:
Again, since the court appears to be intentionally denying my client his rights under the laws of any civilized nation, I demand a mistrial be declared, my client go free and that he further be paid reparations by Subsim.com and the Court for emotional damages caused by these scurrilous and false accusations.

DENIED: No mistrial here, as the subsim.com procedure has been respected. Besides, a claim for reparations should in any case be object of a separate trial, and not judged in this one.

FINALLY: Your procedimental claims are not correctly done at the present moment, but you can argue them again in your final statement.

Now where is that witness??? CODMANDER!!!! ANSWERRRRRR!!!

Stare
Sailor Steve

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<passes a note to JJ> "You might want to have this one declared non-responsive...or even hostile Laughing "
Hitman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck!! :huh:

Bailiff, ensure that everybody in the courthouse gets within minimum safe-distance, and then let the guy explode at will Stare

We will take the occasion to make a short break....everybody shall return to the court after TLAM's remainings have been cleaned Smug
Neal Stevens

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Honor, after making 10,000 pointless posts a year, it appears Codmander has grown shy. Furthermore, we've checked all the toilets in the courthouse, he appears to have skipped town. Perhaps we should call the next witness?
Hitman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hummmm :hmm: I start to think that this trial is suffering a boicot....

Never mind, you are right & we must go on!

Prosecutor, present your next evidence! Stare
(SH3)JOHN LAMARRE

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would like to speak
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: