Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

New screens on DW website (Sonalysts reply)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MSgalileo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: New screens on DW website (Sonalysts reply) Reply with quote

On the plateform pages (execpt for the OH Perry and Kilo) there is a screen for each stations.

http://www.battlefront.com/products/dw/platform.html
Scion

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, look at this shot from the 688!!!

OlegM

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up.

Now correct me if I am wrong, but I don't see any screenshot that could remotely be connected with damage control. One of the best features that were announced for DW (at least in my opinion) should have been more detailed damage modelling, with possibility of specific systems being knocked out (and, prehaps, repaired) etc. instead of having your sub "56% damaged".

This feature, according to Jamie, was planned for SC too, but had to be dropped at the last moment due to time constraints. Then it was announced as one of the most important new features of DW, but I don't see it mentioned in last weeks/months which is a bad sign.

I don't want to jump to conclusions, and would be happy to be wrong this time, but based on this latest set of screenshots I'd say "more detailed damage modelling" is being dropped as a feature again? Please, Sonalysts tell me I am wrong?

If the systems damage modelling is in the game, could you tell us how is it going to be "visible" to player, ie. how is this feature to be used in the game? Thanks.

Oleg
Scion

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its there, look in the bottom left of the screen shot.

Apparantly you click there, and it tells you what systems are damaged, and how long they will take to repair etc, etc, etc.
OlegM

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Apparently", what? You mean this "wrench" thingie? (is it called wrench I am not sure of the correct english term?)

Do you know for sure what's it used for, and how is it to be used in the game? I'd like to hear from the "official" person (Sa. or some of those who were in position to test/preview the game) before jumping to any conclusions thank you Cool

Oleg
Scion

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is what someone said on the Battlefront forums, I cannot recall if it was Moon, or Jamie, or another admin, but I can say it comes from a reliable source.

It can also be called a Wrench, or a Spanner.
OlegM

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, found the thread, thanks for the hint Thumbs Up

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=41;t=000030

Adopted solution, as described, sounds perfectly adequate to me, so I hereby breath the official deep sigh of relief Very Happy I was really afraid they are going to leave out this, IMO, crucial feature, again.

Now, why did they have to go to BF boards, instead of just redirecting the board thingie to here, I don't know. Having to read two boards is confusing.

O.
Jamie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OlegM wrote:
Yes, found the thread, thanks for the hint Thumbs Up

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=41;t=000030

Adopted solution, as described, sounds perfectly adequate to me, so I hereby breath the official deep sigh of relief Very Happy I was really afraid they are going to leave out this, IMO, crucial feature, again.

Now, why did they have to go to BF boards, instead of just redirecting the board thingie to here, I don't know. Having to read two boards is confusing.

O.

Oleg,

How has Hutch's description changed at all from what I said months ago?

http://207.44.164.159/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=18371&highlight=

As a matter of fact I was even MORE specific about the implementation at that early stage when I read it again... and we've pretty much held true to that approach (i.e. I was very truthful from the start about how we were going to go about it)... Confused

As for the two boards, I don't know what to say... it is what it is. We found a publisher, their business model depends heavily on their pre-existing online community... All we can do is try our best to support both communities. Let me know if you feel that is not the case.
OlegM

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamie wrote:

How has Hutch's description changed at all from what I said months ago?

http://207.44.164.159/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=18371&highlight=

As a matter of fact I was even MORE specific about the implementation at that early stage when I read it again... and we've pretty much held true to that approach (i.e. I was very truthful from the start about how we were going to go about it)... Confused

Hey that thread is more than a year old. Based on the latest set of screenshots I was afraid this feature might have been silently dropped in the meantime. You once said you had to drop damage modelling from SC in the last moment, so... you know... about history repeating... :huh:

Well luckily that does not seem to be the case here. Neutral\

Jamie wrote:
As for the two boards, I don't know what to say... it is what it is. We found a publisher, their business model depends heavily on their pre-existing online community... All we can do is try our best to support both communities. Let me know if you feel that is not the case.

It's no biggie, it's just that we all grew accustomed to Neal's board here. Though personally I have utmost respect for BF as publisher and think you've done a good deal Thumbs Up Now all you have to do is repeat the success of Combat Mission series. Idea

O.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: