Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Tommorrow is the day.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ritual

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: Tommorrow is the day. Reply with quote

Beta deadline.

I hope the invites get sent out ASAP tommorrow sometime Laughing .

And I hope that everyone gets accepted. Or I at least hope I get accepted along with my team.

Sonalyst if you read this and you feel obligated to give us a little information on when we can expect for beta to start for the subsim community, dont be shy.

Thumbs Up
OlegM

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bilge rats as beta hopefuls. Democracy on this board really shines :sunny:

Joking Joking Rotfl

O.

Last edited by OlegM on Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
OlegM

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did I get this Chinese dude as avatar, and what does the chinese writing mean? :huh:

O.
Hutch

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Tommorrow is the day. Reply with quote

Ritual wrote:
Beta deadline.
And I hope that everyone gets accepted. Or I at least hope I get accepted along with my team.

Sonalyst if you read this and you feel obligated to give us a little information on when we can expect for beta to start for the subsim community, dont be shy.
Thumbs Up

I gotta warn you guys- we've got a couple hundred applications for about 10 slots!

The lucky 5% will probably hear from us early next week.

Hutch
OlegM

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: Tommorrow is the day. Reply with quote

Hutch wrote:

I gotta warn you guys- we've got a couple hundred applications for about 10 slots!

Hutch

I read this as "8 slots are still free", because if you don't take Thom and Jsteed semi-automatically then its a bad sign :hmm:

:sunny: I love this sunny smiley. Neutral\ love this artist smoker as well

O.
TexasAggie99

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

10...only 10, why? I figured you would at least want 50 for accurate testing and input. oh well, can you at least tell us how long you think beta will go for? Smile just a hint would be nice Smile Smile
Ritual

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think 10 because they are trying to test out the multiplayer. And instead of hosting a dozen servers, they might just be hosting one centralized development server for everyone to connect to the one.

At least thats what I gathered from the battlefront forums.
Jamie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TexasAggie99 wrote:
10...only 10, why? I figured you would at least want 50 for accurate testing and input. oh well, can you at least tell us how long you think beta will go for? Smile just a hint would be nice Smile Smile

Well, it's actually going to be more than 10 since Battlefront's QA Lead, Matt, has a good core group of testers that he's worked with on all 3 of their previous games. But Hutch is right in that 10 will be the number that we bring in....

The reason? We just don't have the resources to monitor a 50+ group of BETA testers. I'm already assuming that NUMEROUS bugs will be entered by the group of BETA testers that will play. The key is getting people who are familiar with the game, know how to play it and how to put it in "uncomfortable" positions so that we can find some obscure issues... Wink

That's the only reasoning behind it though, if we had a bigger team to oversee the BETA perhaps we'd go with a larger number, but in many ways a small cohesive group of "knowledgeable" players is just as effective (if not more so).
jmr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's actually going to be more than 10 since Battlefront's QA Lead, Matt, has a good core group of testers that he's worked with on all 3 of their previous games.

Just curious, but does Matt's team of testers have any prior experience with subsims (Sonalyst's in particular) or are they just Combat Mission tank grognards? :know: I mean if they aren't privy with Sub Commander or other titles how will they know what to look for?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: