Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

GREAT NEWS! Battlefront Deal... (Sonalysts reply & BETA)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sonar732

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Publisher and BETA tester 2 cents worth Reply with quote

Despite all of the complaints about the form of purchasing, I feel that it can only help the subsim community if we do it this way. All the hard core players will purchase the game in this fashion. With us doing so, it will be a no brainer concerning platform updates and patches that they will come thru us first! Wink

As for the BETA testers...I'm sure that Jaime and Hutch have a list already made out...hint, hint... Wink Idea Thumbs Up
kilorocky

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, having enjoyed Combat Mission series, I think I am quite familiar with Battlefront.com, it's a good platform to distribute non-mainstream unique simulations.

By the way, is there any plan for beta test among subsim community?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Looney11

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't gotten into problems (yet) with credit card internet orders. Though usually own country sales, CC isn't the only option.

I'm keeping my CC close to my PC and will buy it immidiately when it comes through Smile

Hope to see some BETA info soon(tm)
Boomer Ang

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skybird wrote:
Thomasew

isn't there a budyy of yours living outside SA who could send it to you? I also think there are some trustworthy guys here in this forum that are willing to help you in this style, and the money transfer then shouldn't make any personal noise. And if then you still don't find anyone, tell me, then I'll "take the risk" and buy it and send it to you. Because you are around this place long enough for not beeing considered a "risk" anymore Smile

I believe a solution will be found , I can't think about old Tom spending so much money to buy DW and therefore cut funds to beverages. :nope:

Boomer

P.S. Like Skybird, if in Europe ( Amazon,CDv etc.. ) the release date will be similar to US I can do the same.
Goonch

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:23 am    Post subject: Congratulations Reply with quote

This is a match made in heaven Thumbs Up
XabbaRus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, SA sounds worse than Russia for sending stuff to.

I used to get big parcels from my folks with loads of stuff in including mini bottles of sctoch and they all got trhough without being opened.

The only time was when I was in Tomsk and the package didn't go through Moscow and so not scanned.

I remember taking it to the local custom office, filling out forms and then they opened it and checked everything for a price. My mum had taken them off...They didn't look too happy until they got to the magazines which had prices on and they were all excited.

However once they added everything up they looked pretty glum. No way to get anything off me.

Anyway I will buy SCS DW....I just hope I can get the fan on my laptop sorted....

Also I'd love to Beta but until more details comes through as to what is expected then I'll hold off shouting me me me....

It would all depend on how much time it would take and how much I could commit.
Mihe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:52 am    Post subject: Great deal! Reply with quote

I´m Europen(Spain), and , for us this deal is great because if we have to buy the game trhough internet in a US store will be cheaper than a US resident because the Dollar/euro exchange rate is 1.24 now !!!

For example, i often buy in Amazon.com store, and buy computer science book very very very cheaper than here !!!

Regards
Jakobs

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goods news!!!! Yep
Quote:
I´m Europen(Spain), and , for us this deal is great because if we have to buy the game trhough internet in a US store will be cheaper than a US resident because the Dollar/euro exchange rate is 1.24 now !!!

For example, i often buy in Amazon.com store, and buy computer science book very very very cheaper than here !!!

Regards

Mihe no les des esas ideas :hmm: que igual ni lo traen por aquí ni lo traducen.
Esperemos que lo podamos encontrar en las tiendas y lo traduzcan al español.
Venga un saludo.
Fish

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BETA now ! Confused
IIRC, it was not in the header yesterday?
Thomasew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Boomer Ang wrote:

I believe a solution will be found , I can't think about old Tom spending so much money to buy DW and therefore cut funds to beverages. :nope:

Boomer

Darn Tootin' ..... and perish the thought. :nope:

Derived of alcohlic beverages??? .... that'll be the Frosty Friday ... Smug

I'd rather sell my 6800 Ultra than go thirsty (read sober).... Very Happy

Well, .... maybe not ... Sad

Thanks to Boomer and Skybird for their most generous offers .... not to worry lads, ... I'll make a plan. I ain't Scots for nuttin' you know. Yep

Cheers ... :8Cool
Tom
BIGJ

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, not having them in stores hurts. I myself would never have learned about 688i if it was sold via mail order only. Having that box on the shelf helps to draw in more people to the community.

People are naturally reluctant for mail order, that combined with people just wont hear about the game or see it since there isn't that simple box on the shelf.
Sea Demon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we pre-order anywhere yet?

Sea Demon
buffpuff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having dealt with Battlefront on numerous occasions I can relate to some of the fears some of you may have in regards to purchasing on-line or by mail order. I've ordered from this company 3 times(with Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord, CMBB, and CMAK). Recently I made the mistake of taking my original CMAK CD to work with me in my laptop case. Apparently I must have shifted all the weight to the front where my CD's were and I ended up breaking my CD in half. I sent Battlefront an email explaining what happened and offered to pay for a replacement CD or whatever I needed to do to get a replacement. They sent me a replacement CD after verifying my past order with no questions asked. Do you think you could have done that with a retail store if it had been months since your purchase?

Not having this title in retail(initally) may hurt sales but anyone who's in to these types of sims comes to websites such as this one(and if they don't shame shame...grin). Having it direct order means they can afford to do things like an actual thick manual that you won't have to get Kinko's to print for you, etc. etc.

Battlefront has an excellent customer service reputation. For those of you who've never dealt with them I hope you will see this first hand when this game is released.
finiteless

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but can we pre-order it though? Mainly I want to know if I can get a cheque cleared through the bank early by BF etc., so that the sim will be sent out in the mail as soon as release date arrives. Otherwise there will be a delay in getting it.
buffpuff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

finiteless wrote:
Yeah, but can we pre-order it though? Mainly I want to know if I can get a cheque cleared through the bank early by BF etc., so that the sim will be sent out in the mail as soon as release date arrives. Otherwise there will be a delay in getting it.

I haven't seen anything on BF's site in regards to pre-orders(yet). However, if memory serves me correctly, they HAVE done pre-orders on past titles(CMBO,CMBB,and CMAK to name the ones I'm familiar with). I can't imagine why they would treat this release any different.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: