Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

GREAT NEWS! Battlefront Deal... (Sonalysts reply & BETA)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pillar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: GREAT NEWS! Battlefront Deal... (Sonalysts reply & BETA) Reply with quote

It has been announced that Dangerous Waters will be published by Battlefront.com (www.battlefront.com), publishers of the acclaimed Combat Mission series.

With Battlefront.com publishing, you can pretty much count on great support, lots of feedback opportunities, and plenty of "extra" potential after the game is out. These guys are fantastic.

So Congrats to Sonalysts for finding such a great publisher, and congrats to Battlefront.com for landing such a great title under their banner!

Adam

http://www.battlefront.com/products/dw/index.html
Jamie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheesh! But I hadn't even sent out the SCS Newsletter yet... Curses! Embarassed
Pillar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Us Battlefront.com fans are a different breed Jamie Smile
Pigfish

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused Am I reading this correctly? Has this been done before?

"The game will not be sold in stores, but will only be available via mail order from www.battlefront.com. S.C.S. - Dangerous Waters will be entering beta stage in October and is scheduled for a release in Fall 2004."
PeriscopeDepth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pigfish wrote:
Confused Am I reading this correctly? Has this been done before?

"The game will not be sold in stores, but will only be available via mail order from www.battlefront.com. S.C.S. - Dangerous Waters will be entering beta stage in October and is scheduled for a release in Fall 2004."

If it puts more money in the pocket of the developer as it says it does in battlefront.com's about page, I have no problem with this.
TLAM Strike

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamie on the screen shot page the screen shot of the Kilo load out discription says "Kilo FFG weapons loadout". So the Kilo is now a guided missile frigate?? Laughing

Sorry but you know us Subsimmers are detail fanatics! Wink
Pigfish

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeriscopeDepth wrote:
If it puts more money in the pocket of the developer as it says it does in battlefront.com's about page, I have no problem with this.

Interesting. just read the about page. To be honest I never heard of this approach (or www.battlefront.com) Embarassed . Sounds good for a hard-core sub simmer...more "game", less "glitz"... Cool
Jamie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TLAM Strike wrote:
Jamie on the screen shot page the screen shot of the Kilo load out discription says "Kilo FFG weapons loadout". So the Kilo is now a guided missile frigate?? Laughing

Sorry but you know us Subsimmers are detail fanatics! Wink

Shoot! Damn

Well, I updated it on http://www.scs-dangerouswaters.com/scrnshts.html for the time-being. Hopefully the fine folks at BFC will correct it in the morning when they get my email (or if they give me FTP access and I can fix it myself Thumbs Up)
Mozzie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excelent
RadishRabbit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for the Orion loadout page. I'm confused about the right and left wings, are you in the point of view as the pilot or someone facing the plane?
Navarre

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Those are sad news for us European customers, many here are very sceptical about online orders and credit card payment, check or money order is not so popular like in the US. Most customers here buy generally only locally in game shops. I think DW will lose in sales and many will use pirate copies from the P2P scene. Confused
Henric Edwards

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navarre wrote:

Those are sad news for us European customers, many here are very sceptical about online orders and credit card payment, check or money order is not so popular like in the US. Most customers here buy generally only locally in game shops. I think DW will lose in sales and many will use pirate copies from the P2P scene. Confused

I agree. And we will also have to pay some rather hefty import and shipping fees making the game almost twice as expensive. If all that extra cash had been going to Sonalysts and Battlefront.com I would have been happy, but unfortunately it won't. Don't get me wrong, I will get the game from the states if I have to, and I've always been a Battlefront.com fan, but the solution is far from ideal for us Europeans.
lokust

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news you found a publisher. Im not familiar with battlefront, and i wasnt expecting the online purchasing thing, but i dont mind.

Smile
Pigfish

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I understand things correctly, we too here in Canada will pay extra. :down:

Ive done my share of "mail-order" stuff in the world of plastic models and books- Europe, USA, Russia and Asia- to know about ridiculous taxes at the post office. Sad

Oh well, regardless of what I have to do I still hope to be one of the first customers. Im addicted. Thumbs Up
Thomasew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Hmmm :hmm: , .... whilst certainly not 'GREAT NEWS', as the thread is titled, ... Congratulations are in order to Sonalysts, .. for acquiring a reputable Publisher. So, .... Well Done. Smile Joking

I've never dealt with 'Battlefront' per se, .. but I did have dealings with 'Big Time Software' & Charles Moylan, ... before he founded 'Battlefront'. Nice Guy ... Smile

Like others have mentioned in this thread, ... I have a natural reluctance to make 'Mail Order' purchases from U.S. based companies, .. for a couple of reasons. Besides having my fingers burned a couple of times, ... those products that have safely arrived, .. have cost me between 2 and 3 times the normal price. Surprised

There is a faint glimmer of hope however, for us Non-US based consumers ... I do know that 'CDV', a company based in Germany, .. have an agreement with 'Battlefront', to publish their titles for Retail Consumption. 'CDV' also publish titles such as 'Blitzkrieg, Codename Panzers, ... to name a couple. The have also just released a 'Combat Mission' trilogy, featuring all 3 Combat Mission titles, ... which I have just ordered thru the local supplier of 'CDV' titles. Smile

So, hopefully, 'CDV' will publish 'Dangerous Waters', ... as then we'll get to see it in Retail Stores, ... eventually. However, I'm guessing that I won't get to see 'Dangerous Waters' until sometime next year. Sad

The other 'issue' is with the 'official' Sonalysts Support Forum. The forum here at Subsim, was, 'technically' ... Sonalysts 'official' Forum for 'Dangerous Waters'.

Does acquiring 'Battlefront' as a publisher, .. mean that their 'Dangerous Waters' forum is now going to be the 'official' support forum? :hmm:

Not saying that Jamie et al are not gonna come and visit us over here at Subsim, ... but, are we going to be encouraged to register with 'Battlefront' ... to have our questions answered?, ... or, be referred to threads on 'Battlefront's' forum .. etc etc.

Once again, ... Congrats to Sonalysts and Battlefront for their Publishing Agreement, ... I hope you do well from it, and wish you both every success.

Alas, for me, ... the news is a wee bit .... bitter sweet.

Cheers to all
Tom
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: