Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

NOT AT E3
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Indie Subsims
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike 'Red Ocktober' Hense

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: NOT AT E3 Reply with quote

Not At E3

Yes, E3 was great, and we were treated to some exciting previews

but not all that is gold was at the great expo.

Now that the buzz has sorta died down a bit I'd like to present some exciting previews from developers that, for one reason or another, did not
have a booth at E3 , but are still planning exciting releases of submarine and/or naval simulations or games...

The Type VII-C Project takes the art of the submarine attack to a new level in naval warfare simulations. Get an inside preview of what it'll take to man the attack center in Leif's upcoming submarine simulation.

Jump into the bold era of World War I Naval warfare in Imperial U-Flotilla with the latest preview from Deamon.

Sign up for a quick tour aboard a WWII era US Fleet Submarine in this preview of the upcoming submarine simulation, SUB FORCE - Pacific War Patrol

Click on the images and take a look at the REAL STUFF comin' down the ways...

--Mike
Bonfleck

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: screenshots? Reply with quote

Mike, I can only see the screen shots on leif's tdc preview. Am I doing something wrong? B
skriblz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Mike, it looks like your image addresses point to your hard drive, not a webserver. Confused
Mike 'Red Ocktober' Hense

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops!!! ok ,gimme a second, lemme fix this...
sorry guys.

[added]

ok, i think everything is fixed now... that #$@ MS Word wants to make everything xml and add another directory, so i had to replace the html code manually... i forgot to change it from my local drive...

someone lemme know if everything is working... i got all these files on my network so i may have some or all of it cached.

--Mike
Bonfleck

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:10 am    Post subject: mmmkay. Reply with quote

Works fine now. Can't wait to see the new texturing and final products!
KaustikSoda

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing submarine simulations.

But where is Manuel Ortega.
Is he still working on his sim?
Deamon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KaustikSoda wrote:
Amazing submarine simulations.

But where is Manuel Ortega.
Is he still working on his sim?

Yeah where is he ?
Manuel Ortega

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Yep, I'm still here!.
I officially say now that R1L is on hold as the game it was planned to be. I will decide which route to follow when SH3 is released. I find multiple features in SH3 that I planned 3 years ago when I started, like the ability of being inside the sub in 3d, interaction with crew, the role playing component, etc... so I want to avoid in a posible future something like 'Hey, why playing R1L having SH3?'.
The good new is that I don't stop developing the game. I have now in focus several things that I can perfectly reuse if my sim takes other way, like weather system routines, damage model, realistic water and clouds, 3d models (now working on a Fletcher class dd)... Who knows, maybe I can fill the gap with a DD vs SUB game...

I hope you understand.
I put a image showing what the cloud system and water reflections looks like:
http://www.mp-labs.com/img/scr3.jpg

And a gun shell damaged fletcher class. The 3d model is not finished as you can see. Damage is calculated in realtime and deforms the 3d mesh according to the proyectile or torpedo impact, so there is no two equal damaged ships:
http://www.mp-labs.com/img/scr4.jpg

Regards
Deamon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manuel Ortega wrote:
Hi!

Yep, I'm still here!.
I officially say now that R1L is on hold as the game it was planned to be. I will decide which route to follow when SH3 is released. I find multiple features in SH3 that I planned 3 years ago when I started, like the ability of being inside the sub in 3d, interaction with crew, the role playing component, etc... so I want to avoid in a posible future something like 'Hey, why playing R1L having SH3?'.

Yeah right,that can be quite frustrating.Competition sometimes sucks.That's why i choosed WWI and pray that no real company will try to do the same before i'm finished with it or i am finished Smile

Damn good stuff arise from the east block too.

I would say contiue it and when SHIII is out look for an nichie in this genre and go on.Maybe make a superb typ XXI sim or something else that sets you apart.

Quote:

The good new is that I don't stop developing the game. I have now in focus several things that I can perfectly reuse if my sim takes other way, like weather system routines, damage model, realistic water and clouds, 3d models (now working on a Fletcher class dd)... Who knows, maybe I can fill the gap with a DD vs SUB game...

There is already something similar in development.But can't remember the link.

Quote:

I hope you understand.
I put a image showing what the cloud system and water reflections looks like:
http://www.mp-labs.com/img/scr3.jpg

Realy cool thous clouds.Doesn't looks like skybox layers.Do you use this poly projection that always turns towards the camera thing and rerender only if the position of the camera did changed significant enough relative to the cloud ?

Quote:

And a gun shell damaged fletcher class. The 3d model is not finished as you can see. Damage is calculated in realtime and deforms the 3d mesh according to the proyectile or torpedo impact, so there is no two equal damaged ships:
http://www.mp-labs.com/img/scr4.jpg

That look very nice.It's very comfortable to wirk with Blitz3D huh ?

regards
Deamon
KaustikSoda

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Great to see you Manuel. I have not been visible on the forum much, but i have followd your development progress for a long time.

And about the future for your sim: That's a good decision you are making. Better wait and see what the mass is craving for when SH3 is out, especially when R1L has so many similarites with SH3.
Play that game for a while, have fun, listen to what people want, and use that as a source of inspiration and try to make your sim even better.

Good Luck, i'm sure your sim has a bright future. Yep
Bertgang

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great projects, friends, all excellent.

My humble player's suggestion for "the VIIC project" and "R1L": try to beat SHIII on campaign and navigation system, his main weack sides.
Deamon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertgang wrote:
Great projects, friends, all excellent.

My humble player's suggestion for "the VIIC project" and "R1L": try to beat SHIII on campaign and navigation system, his main weack sides.

Yeah,right.There are other very important areas in a sim,not just the 3D aspect.I think there is still room for an own project.

Deamon
KaustikSoda

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You hit the nail on the head with your suggestions.

Every commercial submarine sim today is too arcadish. More of a simulation would be nice for a change. Close to FS2002/2004 in realism, that would be something.
But i doubt we'll ever see a commercial sub-project with that high realism (shiii?). We have to put our faith in those great non-commercial projects. And just wait, and dream... Smile
Hitman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a wonderful bunch of detail loving projects Very Happy . While these all are on the run, we will keep our hopes up of getting really good sims.

Somehow, I start to feel that not-being-at-E3 sometimes says more good things about a sim than being at it Laughing

E3 = Commercial goals and succes = Arcade

Indie = detail loving projects = true sims = FUN

I´m ready to buy all this projects guys, just release them, and here you have the first customer Smug
Bertgang

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second customer.

Edited just after.
This post make me a frogman, and I hate diving in that manner. Hope to change rank as soon.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Indie Subsims All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: