Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Gamespy's SHIII impressions: Bad news
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Comments to SUBSIM Review
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobertH

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Steeltrap,

I will too watch for other's reviews before dropping money on it. If it plays atleast as good as SH1 then I will buy it but if it's "dynamic" aspects don't even live up to Sh1 then I will wait.

I too was totally dissappointed by gaming reviews on SH2. A little blurb here or there about the bugs if even that in most reviews. I wonder what the sell numbers would have been had many of the reviews been honest or atleast up front about the numerous bugs.

I have learned not to jump the gun when buying games thanks to SH2, I now read many of the users reviews before paying full price. I did this with DC and glad I did.

I also must admit I did take it personally the way Ubi treated their customers on SH2 and DC. Shipped without many of the features they had been bragging about without notifing the buyers until they had bought it, no forums, no support than throw out a quick patch and then call it quits. You know if the company knew that it was such a dud not to even offer support they should have either a) fixed the major bugs (there were many) b) just inform the community that it wouldn't meet their expectations (so we could be prepared ) c) or just given it up. Instead it was like a jack in the box, Suprise!, total dissappointment in Ubi and the game.

Yes it's still a sore spot.... not so much for the game but the way the customers of these 2 products were treated.

The only thing that saved it was modders, I think that's one of the reason's Ubi let others see the code, to save some face.

Robert H
Nagel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Ah shucks!! Reply with quote

Just when I began getting my hopes up for a worthy successor to Aces of the Deep along comes another damnable complication!!!
What does it matter if the boat is allowed to be driven to the patrol are if when you arrive you're met with the same S Damn :sunny: t that was dished out in SHII?
Well, I'll keep the faith, and keep hoping for an AoDII ("SHIII" should really take place in the Pacific)
obxtony

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:down: OH?? dowe have to sink ships?? Darn Embarassed
Do I get medals for being sunk?? Cause I already lost 4057 subs so IM GOOD Razz Razz
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Comments to SUBSIM Review All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: